Senior Support Engineer -Java Applications Job Description
Job Number: WPR01389
Location: Cambridge Employment
The Role WorldPay Grade E1
- The senior Support Engineer will work as part of a team with responsibility for supporting WorldPay’s 24/7 online payment processing gateway.
- This role also requires the engineer to work as part of a team to seek resolution of production incidents.
- The senior engineer will act as a mentor to others within their development team.
- WorldPay is currently looking to adopt lean/agile development methods; practical experience of these would be an asset.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Fulfil 24/7 on-call function on a rotating basis.
- Troubleshooting and investigation of production system problems.
- Proactively identify improvements and enhancements to working practices.
- Produce well structured, maintainable, reliable and fit for purpose solutions at an accepted level of quality.
- Develop unit test code to highest possible coverage levels.
- Provide QA for production change written by others.
- Peer review other engineers’ work ensuring:
1. Functionality has been met
2. Code is well structured, maintainable and of high quality
3. Code is documented appropriately
- Define, develop and maintain production support documentation on the wiki.
- Mentoring and training of other developers.
- Produce designs and estimates from system requirements.
- Support of Disaster Recovery events.
- Assist project teams with production implementations.
- Lead projects relating to capacity and stability of the platform.
- A flexible approach is necessary for the role as determined by production issues
Must show initiative and ability to take a technical lead role on projects within the team.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, to gather and impart information effectively within the department and to the wider business.
- “Can do” attitude and a sense of responsibility for the wider implications of software engineering.
- Proactive approach to all areas of work.
- Problem Solving.
Senior Support Engineer -Java Applications Job Requirements
Skills & Experience
Technical Knowledge: Mandatory:
- Experience in a support-orientated role (third-level)
- Proven experience in software development in a number of languages and environments.
- Degree level education (in related subject of computing, maths, science, engineering) or equivalent.
- Experience of complex internet applications and/or the finance industry.
- Knowledge/practical application of agile methods.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering work to schedule and specification.
- Experience of object oriented design.
- Experience of database design in large database systems.
- Good knowledge of web application security
- Java - Good commercial experience.
- SQL (Preferably Oracle) – commercial experience including optimisation of queries.
- Source code control (SVN).
- Unix (Preferably Sun Solaris and/or Linux) - commercial experience.
WorldPay provides a globally connected, locally coordinated Card Payment Processing service for business both large and small. Quite simply, we help businesses around the world to collect payments, using a swift, secure electronic payment solution. We operate in more than 40 countries – and today, we’re one of the leading independent providers of safe payment services globally..
Senior Support Engineer -Java Applications Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below.
Please use "Qreer.com" as reference in your application.
Senior Support Engineer -Java Applications Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years