The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
Present in 57 countries, the 163,000 employees and distributors of AXA are committed to serving 101 million clients.
R&D Officer Job Description
Inside the R&D department, the R&D Officer leads innovation projects in conjunction with AXA’s operational business entities while providing strong technical insights. Especially, he/she is responsible to ensuring the right technical choices fitting current/future business needs. The R&D officer will have a key role in animating and leveraging the R&D community. We need a flexible, fast learning, practical engineer with strong social and analytical skills.
Manage elements of the innovation portfolio
The R&D Officer manages projects of the innovation portfolio. He/she:
Manage and leverage the Business Intelligence for R&D (“Watch”)
- Consolidates potential R&D topics by performing preliminary studies on the feasibility, the risks and the potential outputs; He proposes ways to handle each topic;
- Participates to the selection of the topics that will constitute the innovation portfolio;
- Works directly on R&D topics, with other members of the R&D department, in order to create Proof of concepts;
The R&D Officer is responsible of the watch, which he leads to tangible R&D topics. He/she:
Promote innovation across the group
- Orients at P&C level the watch done by specialized agencies and gives them topics to drill down;
- Collect for R&D the Business Intelligence information produced in the entities. Coordinate the information produced by the P&C R&D community;
- Contributes to the strategy to translate changes and new opportunities observed into R&D topics;
The R&D Officer participates to the animation of the R&D community within AXA. He/she:
Connect to the partners eco-system
- Animates the innovation internal network;
- Gathers and sorts the ideas coming from the community;
- Structures and manages the R&D library;
The R&D Officer participates to the animation of the R&D community outside AXA. He/she:
- Identifies opportunities to connect to academic and industrial laboratories
- Co-animates the innovation network;
- Identifies start-ups and SMBs that can bring value to existing or new R&D programs;
- Incorporates best in class academic works within R&D projects
R&D Officer Job Requirements
Technical and professional skills
- Scientific education (engineering school, PhD).
- Knowledge in mathematics (statistics and signal processing) and algorithmic (clustering, artificial intelligence)
- Knowledge of databases based on distributed file systems (eg. Hadoop)
- Professional experience in research (fundamental or applied)
- Professional experience in marketing (especially Web) and/or actuary
- English - Fluent in speaking and writing
- Good relational capabilities necessary to contribute to complex projects involving many persons and skills
- Pronounced taste for working into pluridisciplinary team
- Autonomy, curiosity and innovation capability
- Not afraid of unclear and ambiguous situations with a need to invent the path for success
- Talent for communication (written and oral) and team working
- Leadership capability for community creation
- 1 to 3 years of strong professional experience as a researcher in a research center or in a university laboratory, or as a R&D team member in an innovating company. You demonstrated in your previous professional experience your talent for innovation, scientific and technology finding.
- Experienced in working in an international environment
R&D Officer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
R&D Officer Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years