Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required to join this SME engineering business with 25 years' experience in designing and building automated manufacturing technology. They are the market leaders in their field, supplying to leading Blue Chip engineering companies across Aerospace, Automotive and Medical device industries. With further growth and international expansion planned, they are looking to enhance their production and manufacturing division with a new senior mechanical design engineer position.
Working within a team of 15 engineers (5 Mechanical, 4 Electrical, 5 Software) to produce detailed mechanical designs of automation systems and equipment for investment casting applications.
- Detailed Design and development of Automation Systems and Equipment (existing product range).
- Concept and Detailed Design of new Automation Systems and Equipment.
- Design Calculations, including stress analysis, heat transfer etc.
- Creation of technical specifications / documentation for the selection and development of equipment.
- Defining and maintaining product design standards.
- Defining and maintaining departmental design procedures.
- Creation and maintenance of design documentation.
- Provide internal technical product support.
- Experienced Mechanical Design engineer, preferably with knowledge of automation and / or large machinery.
- Experienced in the use CAD 2D and 3D, knowledge of Solidworks desirable.
- M.Eng / B.Eng mechanical or Mechatronic degree qualification.
- Ability to effectively present design solutions.
- Self-disciplined approach to achieve engineering deadlines and objectives.
- Problem Solving, both as part of a team and individually.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Flexible manner to adopt new challenges and input from peers and colleagues.
- Self-driven for progressive and continued learning and development.
- Keen to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Committed to achieving project and company goals.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
CAE / CAD / CAA
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Birmingham, England|
|Keywords:||CAD, Design, Engineering, Mechatronics|