Typical Job Functions
· Leading the engineering team with enthusiasm and instilling a can-do attitude, whilst at all times ensuring compliance to relevant standards and regulations.
· Continuous development of internal engineering and development standards and SOPs.
· Project management, reviewing and re-organising activities to ensure projects are delivered to specification, on time, and on budget, with the goal of achieving improved efficiency.
· Providing the engineering team with guidance, direction, and leadership to ensure the department develops into an autonomous proactive department.
· Working with other departments to improve the overall efficiency of the technical departments, by improving the inputs and outputs of the department.
· Reviewing and assessing the success of each project to ensure the team meets the required financial and quality standards.
· Ensuring the operation of the engineering aspect of the business is planned in a way that delivers each project on time and on budget to the required specification.
· Responsible for regulatory compliance within the department including design control, adherence with international regulation, customer and internal standards.
Skills & Experience
· A degree in an Electrical/Electronics related discipline with demonstrable experience working in a regulated industry.
· Experience leading a development team.
· Previous engineering management experience.
· Working in an ISO 9001 quality environment.
· Prior experience managing a number of concurrent projects, ensuring projects are delivered to specification, on budget and on time.
· Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
· Constant drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with ability to motivate others.
· Knowledge of the design and approval process for ATEX, IECEx, NEC 500/505.
· Knowledge of intrinsically safe design concepts 60079-11.
· Knowledge of other hazardous area protection concepts, e.g. flameproof, encapsulation, increased safety.
· Previous experience obtaining product approvals through 3rd party certification labs (such as EMC, LVD, ATEX, UL).
· Be able to display good attention to detail, have a methodical approach, and be experienced in dealing with technical documentation.
· Be able to communicate efficiently with peers, internal departments, suppliers, and customers.
· Good knowledge of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Ability to prioritise work and handle multiple deadlines.
· A high work ethic and sound judgement.
· Understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electronics / Components
> 15 years
|Job Location:||West Yorkshire, England|