Overall objective of job:
Proficient and self-motivated Engineer, with good time management skills and a track record for consistent project delivery - with strong technical knowledge and competence discipline. Works well with minimal supervision.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. Undertake Electrical design and consultancy work including systems design, production, specifications and schedules; provide reports and advice to Clients. Liaise with other design team members internal and external, represent the business at meetings.
2. Liaise with and provide focal point for Clients and lead and/or support consultants to ensure that Client interests are more effectively fulfilled.
3. Collaborate and work effectively with all others affecting or affected by your work.
4. Adopt a responsible attitude to project management and actively undertake training of subordinate staff.
5. Regularly review personal and subordinates forward programme work load. Develop and frequently review priority lists of programmed tasks.
6 Check adequacy and accuracy of information and documentation produced by others.
7. Ensure application and maintenance of all Quality System procedures.
8. Carry out all personal management duties including weekly recording of man-hour commitments to individual projects and reporting on a monthly basis particular project fee input information.
9. Manage projects including organisation of junior staff and project delivery to time and cost requirements.
10. Comply with all security procedures and commercial in-confidence restrictions associated with work duties.
11. Contribute to the maintenance of the highest possible standards of design by maintaining a good working knowledge of proven building services systems and new developments in Building Services Industry. Undertake project risk assessments to ensure safe installation and operation. Comply with CDM legislation.
12. Carry out the responsibilities of a Senior Design Engineer including: Preparation and/or development of Client brief; development of project cost plans; assist where necessary in the estimation of project in-house resource requirements; assist in the development of project pre and post tender programmes; carry out surveys of existing facilities and prepare survey reports; prepare design calculations in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation adopting all necessary standard formats and procedures; prepare sketch drawings in sufficient detail to enable draughtspersons to produce satisfactory detail drawings as required for tender, construction or other purposes; prepare particular project specifications and schedules adapting standard specification information where possible; prepare bills of quantities in accordance with current Standard Method of Measurement documents ; assist Clients in the selection of appropriate methods of contracting works; technically vet tenders and provide advice to Clients on acceptance; carry out site supervision duties as necessary to ensure woks are installed in accordance with contract documentation and good engineering practice; assist in the financial control of contracts including the preparation of interim and final project valuations; prepare feasibility studies and any specialist studies as required by the project brief; justify systems selection by means of investment appraisal techniques; if required by the project brief, prepare presentation material and carry out presentations to Client.
13. Undertake all other duties as may be required to assist in the fulfilment of the primary objectives of the Directors.
14. To contribute to ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with the relevant ISO and national legislation.
15. To ensure contract compliance with the IMS, by supporting the administration of the Internal Audit programme, corrective action and customer feedback registers.
16. To comply with strategy and actions which encourage and produce a safe working environment for all staff, which reduces the impact to the environment
Preferably BEng (Hons) degree in Building Services Engineering/Electrical Engineering. Chartered or working towards chartership with IET/CIBSE. Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent, SCOTVEC equivalent.
Key skills necessary:
Technically competent engineer with excellent communication and time management skills. Good team ethic approach and the ability to financially control and project manage.
Years of experience:
5 years + Post Graduate/Post Qualification. (Building Services)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electronics / Components
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Glasgow, England|
|Keywords:||electrical, engineer, design, building, services|