To ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
* To proactively report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and near misses and to become part of the extra ordinary safety culture and help promote the "Home Safe everyday campaign."
* To foster excellent customer relationships.
* Ensure that the client's requirements are correctly translated into a functional solution meeting technical, statutory and health and safety requirements.
* Work in partnership with the assigned Design Manager and take ownership to deliver the mechanical design element of the project(s) to requisite quality standards within time and budget.
* To identify all risks associated with the planned activities and immediately advise the Design Manager of any issues that could impact the project.
* To liaise with all necessary interfaces (e.g. other project team members) to ensure that all required information for the tasks has been received and to immediately highlight any deficiencies.
* To provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a weekly basis.
* To identify and resolve technical issues throughout the lifecycle of the project.
The role involves some or all of the following activities whilst working under the guidance of a Design Manager:
* To lead and motivate a team of Mechanical Design Engineers and CAD Designers
* Overseeing the generation of complex conveyor layouts (showing basic level of detail) at feasibility/concept design stage
* Oversee the development of the selected concept layout with increased level of detail, taking into account building constraints, maintenance access, 3rd Party interfaces, operational impacts, etc.
* Oversee the generation of manufacturing and installation drawings as follows (applying DFMA principals):
* Oversee the preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation
* Carryout site surveys in support to the above activities
* Provide support during manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases
* Generation of technical specifications, reports and calculations
* Justification of key engineering decisions, e.g. Conveyor route option analysis, equipment selection analysis.
* To identify and co-ordinate the resolution of issues. In particular those associated with layout constraints, such as the identification, development of a resolution strategy and implementation of enabling works.
* Conduct Design H&S Risk Assessments in compliance with applicable regulatory and statutory safety requirements
* Liaison at all levels with customers and sub-contractors.
* Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
* Provide Estimates To Complete (ETCs) for all remaining allocated
* conveyor line arrangement drawings and part lists
* Maintenance platforming, crossovers, lifting beams, etc.
* "Machine" level details and sub-assemblies in support of our ongoing development of standard baggage system products.
* To have served a recognized mechanical engineering apprenticeship, e.g. to NVQ Level 3
* BTEC Higher National Cert or equivalent.
* Experience in leading and motivating a team of design engineers
* Experience of generating requirements from client's brief and decomposing into functional designs
* At least 8 years experience in a mechanical engineering design office.
* Be capable of demonstrating a structured approach to justifying key engineering decisions
* Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawings in support of the activities outlined above, including:
* Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCad, 2D
* Use of the MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Have experience of conveyor systems in manufacturing, process or mechanical handling environments.
* Have the ability to perform accurate site surveys.
* Be capable of designing bespoke equipment to resolve specific handling requirements (Special Purpose Machine Design).
* Have the ability to perform basic stress and drive power calculations.
* Be capable of working to challenging programme and budgetary constraints
* System layouts,
* Design schemes
* A good degree in mechanical engineering together with chartered status or the potential to acquire chartered status
* Experience of working to quality assurance systems certified to ISO9001.
* Have a working knowledge of Autodesk 3D Inventor
* Working knowledge of Babcock Airports company processes and procedures.
* Have gained or working towards Chartered Engineer Status.
* Experience in complex baggage handling system design.
* Good background in structural design.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||London, England|
|Keywords:||mechanical, design, engineers, cad, designer|