Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is a well-established consulting, technology and engineering services business. Over the past 30 years, we have built up a first-class reputation in high-technology markets, where quality and reliability are essential. Our roots are in the Space market and the experience we have developed there brings benefits to our other core markets of Aviation and Defence.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland was created in early September 2012 when Telespazio Deutschland and VEGA Space GmbH merged into one company. These changes were made in order to serve the needs of our markets better and provide more integrated services to our clients worldwide.
On-ground Instrument Data Processing Engineer Job Description
The activities for the selected key-person will be related to on-ground instrument data processing chains, from data received from the satellites to generation of level 1 and level 2 products via dedicated on-ground data processors and their dissemination to end-users. Typical activities to be undertaken are:
- Following up the definition and development of the on-ground instrument data processing specifications (e.g. algorithms and product formats);
- Following up the development of the on- ground instrument data processing systems, test tools and test data;
- Following up the verification, integration and acceptance of the on-ground instrument data processing elements;
- Supporting the validation of data processing algorithms and products;
- Participating in reviews, verification and testing of on-ground instrument data processors against appropriate versions of requirements, specifications and reference processors;
- Supporting System engineering activities in collaboration with EPS-SG System and Ground segment teams;
- Supporting interactions with space segment teams and analysis of instrument-related documentation as far as relevant for data processing;
- Participate in formal reviews and technical meetings at system and ground segment level when relevant for instrument data processing elements;
- Provide input for / support preparation of documentation for system and ground segment level reviews in relevant areas.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 30 days holiday, generous training possibilities and Telespazio VEGA Deutschland pension scheme is offered to the successful candidate.
On-ground Instrument Data Processing Engineer Job Requirements
Qualifications / Experience:
- University (or similar) degree in aerospace, electronics or physics
- System engineer with first experience of on- ground data processing chains for Earth Observation satellite imaging and/or sounding instruments
- Fluency in English
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering of on-ground data processing chains for Earth Observation satellite imaging and/or sounding instruments
- Experience in verifying on-ground instrument data processing systems;
- Experience in development of test data sets and processor prototypes
- Experience in specification of operational products for earth observation missions.
- Knowledge of relevant space-borne observation instruments (EPS-SG satellites will embark sounders and imagers from the ultraviolet to the microwave range, a scatterometer and a radio-occultation instrument)
On-ground Instrument Data Processing Engineer Application Information
This position is fulltime and unlimited, fully located on customer side – EUMETSAT, Darmstadt,
Germany. Application deadline for this position is 10 th of December 2015. Earliest possible starting
date will be February 2016 or latest March 2016.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
On-ground Instrument Data Processing Engineer Summary
Electronics / Components
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Darmstadt , Germany
||system, aerospace, engineering, ground, data, processing, electronics, physics