At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Planning, Resource and Project Engineer Job Description
As a Planning, Resource and Project Engineer in the electrical engineering group, you will:
- Develop and maintain the planning tools, in particular those related to the forecasting and monitoring of activities and resources.
- Liaise with the section leaders, project managers, work managers and technical coordinators to:
- Prepare and follow up the schedule for their respective activities
- Prepare the resource estimates and follow up the resource workloads for their respective activities.
- Develop and maintain the overall master schedule, which includes all activities managed by the electrical group (projects, works, operation, maintenance) as well as the associated resource allocation
- Collect inputs from the group stakeholders and provide planning and resource reports to the Group Leader on an ongoing basis
- Liaise with stakeholders outside the group in order to collect and share updated information on planning activities
- Participate in group planning meetings aiming at reviewing overall progress and coordination of activities as well as any potential resourcing issues within the group
After a period of familiarisation you will:
- Be responsible for engineering projects in the fields of either electrical distribution, fibre optics or electrical cabling.
- Develop and maintain tools aiming at managing the electrical engineering group's budget in relation to the master schedule.
Master's degree in the field of electrical engineering, electronics engineering or telecommunications, or equivalent.Experience and competencies The experience required for this post is:
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Relevant experience in planning and resource coordination, preferably in an engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of project management software (MS project or equivalent)
- A first experience of project management in a related field.
- Experience liaising with a large number of internal and external stakeholders would be an asset.
- Experience of budget coordination and forecasting would be an asset.
In addition, at least two of the following competencies:
- Strategic personnel and material resources planning.
- Operational personnel and material costs planning.
- Project management.
The language competencies required are:
- Design of HV network & substations
- Design of LV network & switchboard
- Commissioning, maintenance & operation of electrical distribution systems
- Design and development of optical data links
- Optical system modelling, including related simulation techniques and tools
- Commissioning, operation & maintenance of electronic test and measurement equipment
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 13.03.2016.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require :
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Read more about employment conditions
Planning, Resource and Project Engineer Job Requirements
Qualification requiredMaster's degree in the field of electrical engineering, electronics engineering or telecommunications, or equivalent.
Planning, Resource and Project Engineer Application Information
Planning, Resource and Project Engineer Summary
0 - 2 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
||Geneva, , Switzerland