Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to delivering industry-leading results and superior stockholder value in any business environment. We do this by operating responsibly, applying advanced technologies, capturing new high-return opportunities, and executing with excellence in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
Chevron Oronite is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of quality additives that improve the performance of fuels and lubricants. We provide innovative products that are found in many ocean going vessels, cars and trucks. Chevron Oronite Technology b.v. in Rotterdam is one of Oronite’s four technology centers and provides product development and technical service support for Chevron Oronite’s automotive and marine lubricant additives.
Chevron Oronite Company, a division of Chevron's Downstream and Chemical's organization is a major player in the development, manufacture and marketing of additives for lubricants and fuels. Chevron Oronite Technology BV in Rotterdam is one of Oronite's four technology centers and provides support in product development and technical services in the field of lubricant additives for the benefit of the automotive and marine industry.
Our Marine Lubricant Additive department has a vacancy for the position:
The mechanical engineer is a member of the Marine Lubricant Additive Team that develops and tests marine lubricants based on Oronite components and is responsible for:
• Maintaining and expanding relationships with designated Marine OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers of large bore marine engines). Identifying opportunities for collaborative research and development with designated Marine OEMs and managing joint programs in close cooperation with the lubricant formulators and the other mechanical engineer in the MLA team.
• Negotiating and obtaining Marine OEM acceptance/approval of Oronite products.
• Providing mechanical engineering & marine engine expertise to project teams and leading project teams focused on maintaining or upgrading the Marine engine test capabilities at Oronite’s Rotterdam engine laboratory.
• Advising on engine selection and conduct troubleshooting in support of testing Oronite’s products in the on board of vessels.
• Identifying Marine lubricant trends and industry drivers that may impact Oronite’s technologies and product offerings.
• Master degree (or equivalent experience) in Mechanical Engineering and preferably several years of experience in designing engines and/or troubleshooting engine problems.
• Excellent English communication skills and considerable experience in building professional relationships.
• Good analytical skills - able to analyze engine performance data and hypothesize causes of deviating results.
• Enthusiastic and flexible team player who is prepared to travel frequently.
• Knowledge of lubricants, tribology and statistics is preferred.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Rotterdam, Netherlands|