ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Senior Computing Platform Designer Job Description
As a Senior Computing Platform Designer, your mission is to define, realize, manage and maintain the architecture and associated hardware* for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products. * Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches/cabling and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The Senior Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
Context of the position
- Act as the Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products.
- Participate in the architecture, design and realization of computer systems electronics products.
- Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on a solid knowledge of existing Commercially Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements.
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration.
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV the group System Electrical Architecture (SEA) is responsible for the architecture, design, realization and qualification of electrical functions that are relevant for the system as a whole (i.e. not only for a particular subsystem or component). Within the scope of the SEA group are also all computer systems that are embedded in these systems. The Designer will report to the group leader System Electrical Architecture.
ASML - Senior Computing Platform Designer Job Requirements
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience as designer of embedded computer systems.
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
- Be advised that this concerns a (long term) flex opportunity. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML's preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML's remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”. Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - Senior Computing Platform Designer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Senior Computing Platform Designer Summary
Cloud computing / technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Computer, Platform Designer, Design, Embedded computer systems, computer hardware, operating systems, networks, storage, multi-processor