ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - IT - Software Patch & Release Specialist Job Description
The IT Architect Patch and Release Tooling is key on guarding and guiding the architecture of product software and release environment. Discover more about ASML . Our IT operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. We encourage our employees to think, invent and explore in their activities. Daily activities will be:
Context of the position
- Responsible for defining the short/mid/long term patch and release tooling roadmap as part of the overall solution roadmap.
- Identify and define improvement proposals on performance, stability and process efficiency.
- Strong partner in discussions with the ASML product architects and other stakeholders within the software development department.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant literature, means and methods, tool suppliers and align on their product roadmaps.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML's internal and external activities.The Competence Center Product is a sub-department within the IT organization; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML's development and engineering department. Within this competence center there are three solution teams: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Patch and Release Architect will be active in the software engineering infrastructure team and works in a large team of skilled software lifecycle management specialists. The Software Engineering Infrastructure (SEI) group is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 1000 product software developers within ASML.This position is open to candidates world-wide. Today, we have 87 nationalities working together on what is considered to be impossible. In 2015 we successfully relocated over 150 professionals to work at our campus in the Netherlands, the European Silicon Valley. Other Information
The best people make ASML what it is today. To attract and retain the best people, we have an extremely comprehensive, competitive employment conditions package.Starting as Project Manager we will offer you (based on a full-time position):
- Gross monthly salary €5.500,- (indication);
- 13th month;
- Attractive profit-sharing scheme (2015: 18%);
- Minimum of 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- Travel allowance;
- A 40-hour workweek where you (largely) determine when you start and finish (between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM) yourself;
- Above-average opportunities for training and study;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- Employers contribution of 50% of the optional health insurance premium.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
ASML - IT - Software Patch & Release Specialist Job Requirements
Bachelor level degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a role as architect.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with UNIX and/or Linux (such as RPM).
- Detailed knowledge of programming and script languages used within ASML (Java, Ruby on rails, Perl, Python and shell scripting)
- Knowledge and experience
- on one (or more) of the version control systems we use (ClearCase, Subversion and GIT)
- on one or more database technologies (Oracle, MySQL)
- Preferably hands on experience as a software developer.
The following personal skills are required:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create a large trusted network on all levels of the a multi-cultural organization
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
ASML - IT - Software Patch & Release Specialist Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - IT - Software Patch & Release Specialist Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Software Patch, Release Specialist, IT, Unix, Linux, RPM, Java, Ruby on rails, Perl, programming, Python
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Apply below to continue.Apply