TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Senior Engineer Kansei design Job Description
The Kansei Design Department (KD) is a part of R&D Group at Toyota motor Europe in Zaventem, Belgium, in charge of:
Your responsibilities: 1 – Sensory Quality Concept (“SQ-C”)
- Kansei Design Research, Innovation & Advanced Development (Competency Centre)
- Prospective User centric strategy & analysis (Ux, Ix, HMI) supported by innovative agile process, and idea generation towards proof of concept, for quick decision making,
- Innovation driven by holistic and cognitive approach through Sensory stimuli (Visual, Light, Sound, Touch…) supported by studies and creation of strategic methodologies & tools.
- Product power reinforcement by Grade & Character strategy cross-collaboration with Project Divisions, Long Term strategy, Product Planning, Marketing & Accessories for new models and life cycle management
- Sensory Quality-Concept (SQ-C) Leadership towards implementation and evaluation by Kansei process for application into future models through SQ-Execution
2 – Innovation driven by Kansei
- You will act as SQ-Concept Leader & Coordinator, from advanced phase (CP phase) towards Style fix milestone, through the organisation of cross-functional collaborations with R&D Project div., PMD & Style.
- You will study the development and leadership of a qualitative “SQ-C” process flow, and ensure his its alignment with the company OP, with clear roles & responsibilities.
- You will be responsible to secure a qualitative level its implementation and organise efficiently the bridge with SQ-E Team (bridge with Design brief), by securing all the necessary Kansei input before and during the project milestones until the handover.
- You will coordinate technical studies towards innovative concepts ‘proposal, and new application into next generation models by conducting in-house and external Partnerships with Suppliers & Academics (e.g. EUCAR.)
- You will be responsible to generate technical solutions for mid-term projects by actively contributing to advanced development studies, in optimal collaboration with R&D functions, for FMC, MC and Accessories (e.g. grade & character strategy through customisation plan).
- By supporting prospective research on future mobility and breakthrough ideas, you will monitor and coordinate low tech prototype creation towards “proof of concept”, as support for quick decision making. Your role will include the assessment tools & methods for performance evaluation and target setting.
3 – Increase Kansei Innovation capability, reputation and network
- You will participate in Academic research projects and share your experience inside & outside Toyota
a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Senior Engineer Kansei design Job Requirements
- You are fluent in English (TME business language)
- You have good knowledge in Kansei Engineering & Design
- You have a master degree in Engineering or Design specialised in innovation.
- You have minimum 8-10 years of experience in Kansei Design or close fields (e.g. Kansei Engineering or Engineering Design, Sensory Quality)
- You are experienced in and skilled for innovation driven by User Centric approach.
- You can manage 3D tools (Catia is a must)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
Senior Engineer Kansei design Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Senior Engineer Kansei design Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
||Senior Engineer Kansei design, Design, innovation, Catia, 3D,