TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Chassis Control Engineer Job Description
Chassis Engineering Division’s responsibility is :
1) Development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price.
2) Local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota’s European assembly plants.
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers and Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
3) Investigation of new European technologies
We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide final customers with best quality products with the continuous improvement mindset.
The expectation for an engineer in this area is to develop Control systems (e.g. brake, steering) to fulfil the basic performance of chassis and to enable advanced driving assist systems (ADAS).
Below are examples of typical responsibilities:
- Understand Chassis hardware and contribution to achieve target performance
- Understand and evaluate basic vehicle dynamics performance
- Develop vehicle systems as project leader
- Development of performance related functions and logics
- Perform functional system integration
- Perform FMEA level assessment and functional safety
- Model Based validation (MIL, SIL)
- Hardware in the loop verification (HIL)
- Development of functions
- Coordinate development activities with evaluation team
- Lead development with related divisions (e.g. R&D, quality, plant, purchasing)
• Cooperate with suppliers to complete development tasks
• Pursue cost reduction activities with suppliers and purchasing support
• Scout, evaluate and propose new technologies of chassis system and parts
• Proactive benchmarking activities for system performance
• Review brake performance seeking further improvement for end customerWe offer
a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Chassis Control Engineer Job Requirements
- You have a Master Degree in Electro - Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Preferably you have knowledge in Controls and Automation field
- You have 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the design & development of complex mechanical parts and/or controls, preferably related to brake or steering systems.
- You have good knowledge of the general vehicle design
- Experience with FMEA is an asset
- You have an analytical and Problem-solving approach
- You have a cost and quality conscious mind
- You have good knowledge of office IT tools
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- You are ateam player
- You are pro-active and persistent
- You are self confident
- You proceed job with own initiative
- You are motivated to learn Toyota Production System and development way
- You are at ease with Japanese culture and respectful of cultural differences
- You are fluent in English (Japanese is an asset)
- Experience with programming tools is an asset
- Experience with Control Systems is an asset
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of time
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
Chassis Control Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Chassis Control Engineer Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Chassis Control Engineer, Control Engineer, hardware, controls, automation, vehicle design, FMEA, IT
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Apply below to continue.Apply