At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Knowledge Transfer Officer Job Description
As Knowledge Transfer Officer in the Intellectual Property Dissemination Section, you will:
- Identify transferable technologies and knowledge within the organisation by evaluating transfer potential and market value for CERN technologies and know-how.
- Take responsibility for the dissemination of a number of CERN technologies by:
- Proposing the most appropriate dissemination strategy, including financial valuation;
- Promoting the technology to external partners;
- Providing support for setting up R&D projects, including costing and Intellectual Property management.
- Support the set-up of new CERN start-ups.
In order to do this you will:
- Structure and negotiate IP contracts (licences, collaborative R&D, etc.).
- Develop contacts with R&D decision-makers at industrial partners.
- Manage technical and contractual relationships.
- Support promotional events and interdisciplinary workshops.
Knowledge Transfer Officer Job Requirements
Master's degree in the field of engineering or physics related to particle accelerators or detectors, or equivalent, complemented by higher education in business (e.g. MBA) or equivalent relevant experience in industry.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience in managing innovation in industry, involving technology partnerships, such as technology licensing, collaborative R&D and/or open innovation.
- Experience in the management of Intellectual Property in the framework of licensing activities and collaborative R&D.
- Experience in engagement of industrial partners, technology commercialisation and contract negotiation.
- Previous exposure to intellectual property and patents would be considered an asset.
- Experience in business development, start-up companies or project management would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge or detectors or accelerator technologies would be considered an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Technology transfer.
- Managing relations and partnerships with non profit as well as corporate entities.
- Setting up of international collaborations.
- Knowledge and technology promotion, marketing and commercialization.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations. The knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire this rapidly would be an advantage.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 21.03.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
Knowledge Transfer Officer Application Information
--> Closing Date 21.03.2017, this vacancy will be filled as soon as possible. <--
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Knowledge Transfer Officer Summary
0 - 2 years