TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Chassis Engineering Division’s responsibility is :
1) Development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price.
2) Local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota’s European assembly plants.
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers and Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
3) Investigation of new European technologies
We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide final customers with best quality products with the continuous improvement mindset.
The main expectation from a candidate in this area is to successfully complete Brake system and parts development. Below are examples of typical responsibilities:
• Brake system and parts design to achieve target performance
• Reflect brake evaluation result into brake system design
• Coordinate development activities with brake evaluation team
• Lead development with related divisions in Toyota (e.g. R&D, quality, plant, purchasing)
• Cooperate with suppliers to complete development tasks
• Pursue cost reduction activities with suppliers and purchasing support
• Scout, evaluate and propose new technologies of brake system and parts
• Proactive benchmarking activities for brake system performance
• Review brake performance seeking further improvement for end customer
- Master in (Electro-) Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of the general vehicle design
- Knowledge and experience with FMEA is an asset
- Analytical approach and Problem-solving
- Cost and quality conscious mind
- Good knowledge of office IT tools
- Fluent in English (any other language is an asset)
- Experience with CATIA v5 and FEM analysis are an asset
- Experience with Matlab is an asset
- Willing to travel up to 20% of time
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Interested in this opportunity? Please apply online. Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electronics / Components
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Brussels, Belgium|
|Keywords:||Chassis, Brake systems, development, Electro engineering, FEM, CATIA v5, Matlab|