A challenging role with Vanderlande will help you to develop your career and satisfy your ambitions. We are the global leaders for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. Our systems are operational at more than 600 airports – including 14 of the world’s top 20 – the world’s leading parcel companies, and 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce companies.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande employs more than 4,500 people in more than 100 countries, all committed to moving our customers’ businesses forward. Our unique capabilities include integrating hardware, software and services into tailor-made solutions. The result is a distinctive track record in innovation, reliability and partnership. Our global presence provides an unrivalled 100 site-based teams, who ensure that our customers enjoy an optimum level of performance, 24/7.
Through building strong relationships – as well as enjoying our work and a more varied social life – the focus at Vanderlande is on the freedom to express ourselves while being trusted to deliver on every level. This is one of the key criteria on which Vanderlande has been assessed to become the number one Best Employer in The Netherlands for 2016.
If you’re ambitious and would like your career path to lead you to the fast-moving world of Vanderlande, then please contact us to set these challenges in motion.
Vanderlande – challenges in motion
Sales Engineer Airports Job Description
As a Sales Engineer your challenge is to identify customer needs as early as possible in the sales phase and to translate these into a winning (technical) solution / concept with the right balance between technology and a competitive price.In your role as Sales Engineer you support, challenge and team up with the sales manager in pre-bid, bid and closing phase to jointly secure projects. You prepare and present the technical content towards the customer.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Define sales tactics together with the Sales Manager - and act accordingly.
- Solve commercial / technical challenges directly with the Sales Manager.
- Responsible for (organizing) all sales engineering deliverables throughout all sales phases (starting from pre-bid) until the hand-over to the execution team.
- Involve technical experts to develop the best possible conceptual designs.
- Initiate and follow up actions in full accordance with the philosophy behind the sales strategy.
- Able to handle multiple projects in various sales phases simultaneously.
- Lead an internal sales support team (procurement, planning, concept design, controls).
- Make sure that all procedural steps are taken on time, and in accordance with sales process checklists.
The Sales Engineering department focusses on the development of the Airports segment in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and supports our other customer centres globally on the disciplines Sales Layout Engineering, Sales Engineering and Sales Consultancy. In order to accommodate a successful growth and to prepare for future readiness, we are looking for a Sales Engineer to strengthen our team.
Sales Engineer Airports Job Requirements
What we offer
- Technical education on Bachelor / Master level.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good listener and communicator, creative and driven to win.
- Strong in analyzing customer requirements and needs.
- Team player.
- Problem solving ability / attitude.
- Pro-active, search for information rather than waiting.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your projects.
In the position of Sales Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. As well as your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop / phone
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
If this challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Tjalling Kraak – Senior Recruiter 0413 – 49 30 24.
Sales Engineer Airports Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Sales Engineer Airports Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years