ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Environmental Electronics Architect / Senior Designer Job Description
As an Environmental E-Architect / Sr. Designer, you are defining, realizing, managing and maintaining various electronics concepts and products in the field of flow, temperature, mechanical vibrations control, vacuum system control and optics lifetime control for existing and new ASML products.Job Description The E-Architect / Sr. Designer is responsible for the following:
Context of the position
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Mechatronics Systems and Environmental Infrastructure & Control department.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the environmental electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Environmental Electronics (ENV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electrical functions and modules for: environmental conditions control, mechanical vibrations control, vacuum system control and optics lifetime control inside ASML products.The E-Architect / Sr. Designer reports to the group leader Environmental Electronics or delegated team leader.
ASML - Environmental Electronics Architect / Senior Designer Job Requirements
Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience as architect and/or designer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Knowledge and experience with temperature-, flow- and pressure control is preferred. Also knowledge and experience of vacuum technology and of (gas) safety is preferred
- Initiative, pro-active.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
ASML - Environmental Electronics Architect / Senior Designer Application Information
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply”. Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - Environmental Electronics Architect / Senior Designer Summary
Electronics / Components
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Technical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanics, Optics