ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - 6 Senior Java Developers Job Description
Our multinational teams are composed of five to seven developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to follow the Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software.
In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested software, as a failure in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
You would be part of a software department composed of twenty scrum teams, working together on our products, e.g. Litho InSight. Most of our software is written in Java, and we also use Python, R and other languages. The teams focus on various aspects of the software platform:
- Selection and management of IT infrastructure that helps us run the software on a multi-blade server with plenty of storage. In this area, we use virtualization technologies, Linux, Python and Splunk next to Java;
- Creation of software infrastructure using Java EE which provides access to SQL and NoSQL storage, reliably manages job queues with switch-over and fail-over features, periodically collects of information from networked systems in the Fab and offers big-data-like storage and computational capabilities;
- Providing industrial automation tasks that take care of unattended complex adjustments to the manufacturing process, to enable highest yields in High Volume Manufacturing;
- Development of algorithms that give our customers the power to reach optimal results during manufacturing;
- Creation of applications that help fine-tune the manufacturing process, helping process engineers navigate the complexities of process set-up through excellent UX design with JavaFx/Swing;
- Creation of visualization and analytics applications, for visual performance monitoring and to help dig through huge amounts of data to pinpoint potential issues and solutions. For these applications, we use Spotfire and R as main technologies.
- Design and implement software, realizing the product backlog defined by the Product Owner
- Ensure quality of own deliverables by designing and implementing automated tests on unit- and integration levels
- Cooperate with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture, agree on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve integration issues, both from internal alpha and beta tests, as well as reported by our customers
- Write or update product documentation in accordance with company processes
- Suggest improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implement them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders
Main technologies: Java SE 5-7, Junit, Mockito, XML, SQL, Linux Context of the position
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
ASML - 6 Senior Java Developers Job Requirements
MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Having this experience is a plus:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development in high-tech industry.Must have experience:
- At least 4 years of Java development
- Design and development of server-side software using object-oriented paradigm
- Creation of automated unit and integration tests using mocks and stubs
- Working with Continuous Integration
- Working as a part of a Scrum team
- Affinity with math, data science or machine learning
- JBoss RichFaces, JSF
- Java EE frameworks
- Java 8 functional programming
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that his work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality oriented - you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
ASML - 6 Senior Java Developers Application Information
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions.
The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply”.Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - 6 Senior Java Developers Summary
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Java SE 5-7, Junit, Mockito, XML, SQL, Linux, Information Technology, System Integration, Software Engineering