ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Embedded Logic and Firmware designer/integrator Job Description
Specification, design, test and integration of Embedded Logic & Firmware* of all components** of the electrical architecture for the Stage Electronics. * Embedded Logic & Firmware: VHDL code, C-code, Hardware/software interface (HSI)** Power amplifiers, sensors, (programmable) printed circuited board assemblies, cabling and interconnects, connection panels, communication links and electronics racks.
Context of the position
- Operate in multidisciplinary team.
- Specify, document and maintain requirements of the Embedded Logic & Firmware
- Specify, document, and execute tests to ensure that the Embedded Logic & Firmware design satisfies the requirements.
- Make work breakdown and planning for the complete design of own products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Participate in realization and integration of the Embedded Logic & Firmware design in the electronics modules.
- Specify and document the integration test requirements.
- Design and document the qualification tools for integration purposes.
- Execute measurements on test set-up or prototype machine and document results to ensure that the electrical architecture of the measurement systems meet the requirements.
- Make a work breakdown and a realistic integration plan for the complete integration of the electronics modules.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Solving problems during full proto product integration.
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
- Analyze and solve reliability issues
- Act as a technical coach for colleagues.
- Affinity/attention to the details of the designs made by others
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the cluster D&E Hardware the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Stage Electronics is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for Wafer Stage, Power Electronics for multiple sub-systems, Immersion Head, Wafer Table, and Electrostatic Clamps.The Embedded Logic & Firmware designer/integrator will report to the group leader Stage Electronics
ASML - Embedded Logic and Firmware designer/integrator Job Requirements
Bachelor degree (HBO) or higher in electrical or embedded systems engineering.
Starters can apply, experience is a plus.
- Multiple years of practical experience in embedded logic and firmware design (VHDL, Verilog) including debugging, simulation and validation.
- Multiple years of practical experience in electrical system integration in a multidisciplinary organization.
- Programming in general (C, Python)
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics and hardware-software interfacing.
- Experience with measurements using logic analyser, TDR, oscilloscopes, network analyser and/or Labview is a plus.
- Troubleshooting of printed circuit board assemblies in their application environment.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent English in speech and in writing.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions.
ASML - Embedded Logic and Firmware designer/integrator Application Information
The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - Embedded Logic and Firmware designer/integrator Summary
0 - 2 years
||Technical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Software Engineering