As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the transport sector.
Alstom offers a complete range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, tramways and e-buses), passenger solutions, customised services (maintenance, modernisation), infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions.
Alstom is a world leader in integrated transport systems.
The company recorded sales of €7.3 billion and booked €10.0 billion of orders in the 2016/17 fiscal year. Headquartered in France, Alstom is present in over 60 countries and employs 32,800 people.
Vibroacoustic Engineer Job Description
- To apply the Vibroacoustic Engineering Instructions and guidelines to perform the project/offers tasks;
- To perform the Vibroacoustic analysis of tenders by comparison with referent solutions and previous projects;
- To Prepare the Vibroacoustic specifications and Vibroacoustic Management Plan (VAMP) to be applied in projects;
- To choose the most efficient way to perform the allocation (experimental/numerical), verification and validation during tender and project phase;
- To allocate the different noise sources and train assemblies through the use of AT standard methodologies;
- To perform standard Vibroacoustics tests, to postprocess the data and report to validate prediction models and type tests. Testing could take place on line, in depots or factories throughout the world; possible destinations are (not a complete list): anywhere in Europe, Middle East, India, South America, USA;
- To perform standard Vibroacoustic simulations for exterior noise and interior noise using inhouse developed tools;
- To liaise with the Acoustic Discipline Leader to validate Management Plan, allocations and risks;
- To liaise with experts in key domains to obtain the necessary data to perform the allocation;
- To liaise with preojct reposnsibles and other people working on projects to support the development of train design;
- To liaise with acoustic engineers in other sites and to use AT Vibroacoustic databases to obtain the necessary REX to perform the allocations;
- To capture the Vibroacoustic REX of projects through the use of AT Vibroacoustic databases.
Vibroacoustic Engineer Job Requirements
- Degree in Engineering or Physics (MSc or PhD) with specialization in Vibroacoustics, acoustics, vibration, NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness);
- At least 5 years experience in a Vibroacoustic department in automotive/aeronautics/railway/building sector;
- Desirable Matlab standard level, MS Excel advanced level;
- At least 5 years experience in Vibroacoustic testing and postprocessing with multichannel systems (B&K Pulse/LMS TestLab or similar) including noise & vibration measurements in operating conditions and Vibroacoustic transfer functions (mobility, pressure/force,…);
- Good communication skills;
- English conversational/writing/reading professional working proficiency is mandatory;
- French conversational/reading professional working proficiency is mandatory.
Vibroacoustic Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Vibroacoustic Engineer Summary
Acoustics / Vibration Technology
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Vibroacoustic, Engineering, R&D, Vibroacoustic Management Plan, vibration, NVH
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next