Our collaborative UK team is proud to be involved in some of the European region's most incredible projects. We are excited by and enjoy helping our clients achieve their ambitions in transportation, environment, nuclear, water and instrumentation and advanced technology.
We believe that all of our projects start with building trust, confidence and commitment with our clients, and we do the same with our people and in the communities we work. That's why we invest so much in developing our graduates and interns, and is why we make sure we are active in the community to give something back, too.
The successful candidate will operate in a thriving Water and Environmental Management team which undertakes a wide variety of flood risk management, water resource, drainage and catchment planning commissions.
Recent projects, the type of which the candidate would be expected to contribute to in a technical capacity, have included Cheltenham FAS, Lower Dove FRMS and River Tame improvements. As part of the latter, we will shortly be commencing detailed design on phase 2 of Perry Barr & Witton FRMS, which will create one of the largest flood storage areas in the UK.
Based in Birmingham, the Senior Civil Engineer will have the chance to assist in the delivery of our portfolio of projects, working as part of an integrated and forward thinking team, as well as learn from and assist key specialists.
There will be opportunities to work on the EA WEM programme of works in the Midlands and provide support to other regions throughout the UK and further afield.
The position is focused on supporting the Project Manager in providing a technical lead on projects and providing the main link with less experienced resources, helping drive solution identification and design development.
• Work under the direction and mentorship of the assigned Project Manager(s) and Regional Technical Lead(s)
• As Package Manager, work closely with the Project Manager and Business Group project delivery leadership or other senior project managers / operations leaders who provide oversight and mentoring
Specific duties include:
- Co-operation with commercial manager and technical team
- Technical proficiency in the detailed design and specification of water engineering works
- Experience with scheduling (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems
- Delivery of projects through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout
- Familiar with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract
- Ability to visualize solutions to ensure that holistically complete solutions are developed, taking into full account health, safety and environment in all project phases
- Completion of scopes of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met
- Mentoring of graduate engineers in design practices
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline or equivalent
• Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
• Demonstrable relevant experience preferred, e.g.:
- Package management and realisation (efficient and timely completion of project tasks in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents) of appropriate packages of work within budget and work schedule
- Efficient flow of documents, contacts and cooperation with subcontractors
- Participation and sub-leadership of multi-disciplinary teams driving solution development to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders
- Participation in projects funded by the UK Environment Agency
• Sound hydraulic and engineering aptitude and ability (including the ability to design to BS/Eurocodes)
• A strong desire to develop and improve their own skills and mentor junior staff
• Be highly motivated and proactive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Excellent and demonstrable organisational and time management skills
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, with the pressures and opportunities that this brings
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
• Provide leadership and motivate and enthuse the teams
• Proven experience of managing packages and projects
• Proven experience of managing budgets
• Proven experience of delivering to deadlines and evidence of problem resolution in the process
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs
• Good knowledge of relevant computer programmes
• Strong leader and a clear thinker
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Birmingham, England|
|Keywords:||Civil engineering, Project engineering|