Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.
As a Data Engineer, you will embed directly into product delivery teams, exerting direction on development and technical execution. The products we build directly impact our business, and with strong support from your fellow team members, together you will drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
You should feel at home working full-stack in and around a wide range of data technologies and platforms (Hadoop, mapreduce, Spark, SQL and NoSQL, job orchestration tools, cloud tech, programming in java + scala, python a strong plus), and understand the challenges in working with large and varigated data ecosystems. You will be working directly with product managers, data scientists and developers to ship products, and you will need to be as excited about reaching across into adjacent domains as they are about curating and parsing the business meaning of data.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Spearhead the discovery of data needs at the heart of our analytical products. Deliver data products, feeds and production infrastructure to enable the roll out of digital products.
• Represent the Data Engineering function within the context of your product team, providing accurate technical choices and communication around our myriad data and analytics needs
• Provide contributions to the technological foundation upon which Maersk’s next generation of digital products will be built
• Deliver work within a high-impact team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
• More than 3 years of industry data engineering experience, ideally in an analytics intensive environment.
• You possess a Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent experience). The ideal person will possess an advanced degree with a focus on distributed systems or cloud technologies.
• You have significant past experience contributing hands-on to products built within the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem
• You have deep experience leveraging PaaS & IaaS technologies in cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Excellent track record of delivery through data technologies (SQL, Hadoop), and languages like Python, R, Ruby, Java, Scala.
• Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Cloud computing / technology
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Kobenhavn O, Denmark|
|Keywords:||computer studies, computer technology, distributed systems, cloud technology, Python, R, Ruby, Java, Scala.|