ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Thin Film Material and Test expert Job Description
Context of the position
- The pellicle material and test expert should build-up fundamental understanding on how to evaluate the maximum load on pellicle films: the impact of thermal and mechanical stress.
- Important aspects are the choice of the material stack (cap, core, interfaces) and the influence of the processing steps (back- and front-end processing).
- Create understanding and build models to describe stress behavior/ performance (thermal, mechanical)
- Contribute to the development of improved and/or accelerated test methods to evaluate the pellicle film performance in relation to applied loads.
- Defines tests to be performed on EUV scanner and writes test reports
- The pellicle material and test expert will also be part of the development of next generations of pellicle films with special focus on testing/qualification aspects.
- Achieves results by literature search, experimental testing and supervision of external activities.
- In-depth knowledge of test development for thin films.
The department Wafer Clamping & Particle Contamination Control is part of the EUV Business Line in ASML. Its task is to specify, develop, integrate, qualify and industrialize wafer clamps, pellicles and particle contamination solutions in the area of EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) Scanner Technology.
The Pellicle group is part of this department. The holder of the position reports to the manager EUV Pellicle and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.The group Pellicle is responsible for optimizing the scanner performance by providing an extremely thin membrane which can be applied in an EUV scanner.
The pellicle should increase the particle defectivity performance of an EUV scanner without having negative impact on other performance parameters. The pellicle material and test expert should build-up fundamental understanding on how to evaluate the maximum load on pellicle films: the impact of thermal and mechanical stress. Important aspects are the choice of the material stack (cap, core, interfaces) and the influence of the processing steps (back- and front-end processing).
We want to create understanding and build models to describe stress behavior/performance (thermal, mechanical). Being able to establish the correlation between off-line test behavior and the processing steps of a pellicle on one hand and the performance in an EUV scanner on the other hand is very important
The pellicle material and test expert will also contribute to the development of next generations of pellicle films with special focus on testing/qualification aspects
ASML - Thin Film Material and Test expert Job Requirements
Academic background, MSc or PhD, Materials, Physics, Mechanics, Reliability.
- Solid experimental and/or theoretical experience in the area of material testing and metrology (hands on experience is a must).
- Able to build physical models
- Material and Thin film technology knowledge
- Familiar with a high tech production process, e.g. semiconductors, displays
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Familiar with “product research”, “product development” and “material development”, preferably within ASML.
- Preferably has >2 years experience in a high tech environment with focus on material test development and characterization
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Robust personality is a must
- Highly committed and flexible
- Team player
- Excellent communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Willing to travel regularly
ASML - Thin Film Material and Test expert Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Thin Film Material and Test expert Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years