ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - 2 Software Group Leads Job Description
As manager of the group, you lead and manage a group of professionals of the aforementioned activities. You act as solution provider by driving development of new features and functions of the applications in your group. You achieve alignment with program management on the contents and staffing of the activities within your scope. You stimulate and facilitate the personal development of group members.
The group manager:
Context of the position
- leads the group (typically around 20-25 people); hires, coaches and instructs the members: defines and assigns targets, evaluates priorities, solves problems, monitors budgets
- organizes a strong customer focus in the group to achieve the responsiveness and reliability we need to secure expansion of the business.
- takes care that interaction and stakeholder management with the diverse and relevant parties (research, multidisciplinary D&E groups, Holistic Applications, CS and customers) is in place.
- takes care that the group has a balanced focus on providing long and short term solutions.
- contributes to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and departmental planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources and methods etc.
- is the co-owner of the development and maintenance of software technology roadmap. You ensure the availability and adoption of best known methods, standards and tooling. You facilitate an effective learning feedback cycle and manage the relations of other competence owners in and outside ASML.
- in cooperation with departmental leaders and project management, is responsible for the planning and allocation of human resources to the various project activities.
Manager of the new group (20 - 25FTE) within the department AP DE SW. The holder of this position reports to the department manager of AP DE Software Development. The group is a merge between two analytical entities: the data analytics and the data visualization teams.
The group that you manage covers two responsibilities:Litho Insight Analytics (LANA): Data Gathering and Processing (Dresden)
This team creates and maintain the backbone of the product: the database
- Making sure that report files (xml format) are collected into LIS DOCS. The report files are produced by the scanner (Twinscan) or the metrology tool (YieldStar)
- Extracting KPIs from and calculating statistics based on specific report files that get stored in LIS DOCS
- Making the KPIs and statistics available in the LANA database
- Optimizing database design and settings to get best performance out of database
- Writing installation scripts and documentation
- Installation of Spotfire server and other Spotfire services
- Packaging release and sending to local patch-mail server
LANA Visualization (Eindhoven)This team creates the visualization (i.e. dashboards) of the data collected by the LANA team
- Creating queries (information links) to the LANA database
- Visualizing the resulting queries in Spotfire dashboards (including UX design)
- Manipulating data from LANA database in dashboards (via calculated column, R-code, IronPython)
- Creating new or extending existing algorithms that provide ASML competency knowledge to the dashboards (e.g. Overlay Top-Down Budget Breakdown)
- Creating extensions to Spotfire (e.g. wafer plot, document download, shadow mode UI)
- Support and maintenance of existing dashboards
- Support field engineers building / prototyping dashboards
Relationship between themThe LANA Visualization team builds on the data provided by the Dresden team. There are constant alignments between the team in which technical knowledge is being shared between them (mostly information from Dresden à Eindhoven, as LANA VIS needs this information to build the dashboards).
ASML - 2 Software Group Leads Job Requirements
Master or PhD degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering and a background in software development in a technical environment
>3 years relevant leadership experience in a technical software development environment or related working environment, preferably as group lead. Knowledge of software development is a must.
- Strong personal communicator.
- Academic mindset with a pragmatic approach.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable
- Experience of Agile/scrum methodology and practices in large scale development preferable
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
ASML - 2 Software Group Leads Application Information
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions.
The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - 2 Software Group Leads Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years