ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Together with a talented team, you will pick up all support incidents in the Computer Systems group. The time pressure will be tangible. You will be involved in system down moments where all eyes are on you to solve the problem as quick as possible. You will have to crack several hard issues a week and indicate quality gaps which will get visible during your support activities.
- Your daily activity is to offer technical support in which you will have contact with software design engineers, software integration specialists, customer support and manufacturing experts.
- Based on machine logging and core dumps you will pin point the root cause and define the solution direction of the issue.
- You will discuss this solution with the development team to make estimates for the expected effort to solve the issue.
- You will also be involved in the new solutions provided by the development team.
Within the group you will work in a continuous improving environment, so you should feel energized by these changes to move forward. We even expect you to take proactive initiative for continues improvement on software quality and/or development efficiency.
Bachelor degree in Electronics or Technical Software, Informatics or Computer Science
You should have at least have 3 years’ experience of software development for embedded systems, preferable in an analytical / support role
- C, C++
- Solaris, Linux, VxWorks
- Network infrastructures (Cisco routers and others)
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and you should be excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- As you have already seen, our role is extremely complex, we are looking for someone who has a deep technical experience but at the same time likes to communicate with other departments and wants to understand how complex systems work.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electronics / Components
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||C++, Debuggers Linux, Network Infrastructures|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next