Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry.
Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry.
That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualization:
1. Sensing, monitoring, control and decision-making for products and production
2. (Co)design and optimization of products and production
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
We operate from our offices in Leuven and Lommel and from research facilities at the Flemish universities.
You model innovative powertrain designs for electric/hybrid motion systems, add advanced control systems, simulate and validate on a top-notch Hardware-in-the loop setup.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation towards high-performant, energy efficient, flexible and autonomous vehicles, eg. by rethinking the powertrain setups. Our demonstration and validation infrastructure includes testing facilities for efficient drives, and a top-notch Hardware-In-the-Loop platform for hybrid vehicle applications.
Design advanced electric powertrains & develop the active control
As a powertrain engineer for automotive and mechatronic systems, you:
- Redesign powertrains/actuators and develop the active control for a variety of (beyond) state-of-the art technologies;
- For a wide scala of automotive & other industrial applications (the e-vehicle, a fruit picking robot, a forklift, a suspension in a car,…);
- Work together in a research team combining expertise in model based mechatronic system engineering, vehicle dynamics, energy management, battery systems, control, and testing and validation;
- Make design choices for better performing electric/hybrid powertrains, taking into account the total cost of ownership;
- Use Hardware-in-the-loop testing systems to evaluate the operation of system components and to study system behavior on innovative new designs.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
This movie shows how Flanders Make helped a company converting their trucks into electric Trucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncG9KK0fM88
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
Make a difference in automotive & smart machine technology
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Leuven, Belgium|