Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry.
Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry.
That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualization:
1. Sensing, monitoring, control and decision-making for products and production
2. (Co)design and optimization of products and production
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
We operate from our offices in Leuven and Lommel and from research facilities at the Flemish universities.
Senior Powertrain Engineer for E-vehicle research (Lommel, Leuven, Kortrijk)
Shape the electric vehicle of the future with advanced powertrain concepts
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation towards high-performant, energy efficient, flexible and autonomous vehicles, eg. by rethinking the powertrain setups. Our demonstration and validation infrastructure includes testing facilities for efficient drives, and a top-notch Hardware-In-the-Loop platform for hybrid vehicle applications.
Rethink the concept of electric powertrains
As an expert in electric drivetrains and mechatronic systems, you:
-Rethink performance and energy efficiency. Can creative actuation concepts, energy storage designs or advanced control systems contribute to better performing systems?;
- Generate new research ideas inspired by new concepts for the electric vehicle of the future (eg. a hybrid truck, an electric forklift, …) & for high tech industrial variants (eg. mobile robot ) and respond to innovation needs of manufacturing companies; Can you think of an alternative energy system replacing the central e-motor?
- Translate your innovative ideas into project proposals;
- Take the technical lead of a research team combining expertise in model based mechatronic system engineering, vehicle dynamics, energy management, battery systems, control, and testing and validation.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
This movie shows how Flanders Make helped a company converting their trucks into electric Trucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncG9KK0fM88
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
Make a difference in automotive & smart machine technology
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Leuven, Belgium|
|Keywords:||powertrain, PhD, automotive, electronics, research, mechatronic, vehicle dynamics, motion control, modelling, control algorithm, sensor, actuator, instrumentation,|