SKF Maintenance Products is a dynamic unit which has been providing the bearing market with maintenance and lubrication solutions and products for forty years. A team of 35 people with entrepreneurial mind-set serves bearing users worldwide. The position we are offering represents the advantages of working within a small team, yet in an international environment. We are based at the SKF Business & Technology Park, Nieuwegein in the Netherlands.
Software Architect in Advanced Simulation Technology Job Description
Software Architect in Advanced Simulation Technology
Location: Utrecht area, Netherlands
The SKF Engineering Software Development (ESD) department which is part of Predictive Simulation and Engineering Organization has global responsibility for SKF engineering software portfolio and works in close co-operation with the international product divisions, the technical development centers, application engineers and SKF-customers on calculation models of bearings and bearing applications. The software products to simulate these applications are based on state of the art in-house developed technology as well as on advanced finite element programs. Visit our website www.skf.com for more information about our organization.
The development team in Netherlands is focused mainly on the research and development of the most heavily used software in our portfolio with more than 2000 users. The software is based on advanced simulation technology supporting SKF engineers and its customers to evaluate the performance of SKF bearing arrangements for a wide range of applications and conditions. For this software platform, a software architect is needed to support the team in continuous development and architectural redesigning in preparation for digitalization era.
- To oversee all system and software architectural decisions and approaches from conception to solution delivery
- Analyse existing systems and propose software architecture improvements, paying attention to simplicity, scalability and extensibility
- Work with the Software Development Manager to define a vision of technical excellence for software architecture, tools and processes
- To develop, test and maintain SKF engineering software within the ESD portfolio
- Ensure best practices for software design security, versioning, maintainability, coding standards are integrated through the product life-cycle
- To take the user requirements and translate them into detailed software enhancements
- Provide a guiding voice in the discussions regarding future advancements in the software
- To support in modularization and creation of centralized assets which can be deployed as rich clients or through cloud based solutions with software as a service
- To be pro-active and innovative in problem solving
- To be capable of active listening
- To provide and to seek constructive feedback
- To follow the EHS (environment, health and safety) regulations and guidelines
- To follow the ISO 9001, SKF internal quality systems and other applicable standards
Software Architect in Advanced Simulation Technology Job Requirements
The following are not mandatory but will give the eligible candidate a distinct advantage:
- Master’s Degree (or Ph.D) in Computer science, Information technology. Other areas are acceptable if able to demonstrate proven experience for software architect position
- At least 6 years’ programming experience with ability to lead and design architecture for complex software programs
- Strong software architecture expertise. Must have at least one end-to-end software architecture project experience
- Expert in modern object-oriented programming (C++) which is our primary software development language
- Excellent object oriented analysis, design and programming – UML, use-case mapping, sequence diagrams, object lifetime, event and data flow, exception handling etc.
- A genuine passion for efficiency, automation, and infrastructure/platform building
- A solid background that allows you to understand what it takes to build a great scalable system
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience in working in projects and able to plan own work
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum development
- Possess an explorative mind set with an innovative scientific approach
- Self-motivated, pro-active team member, customer-focused and result-oriented
- Strong focus on reaching targets and delivering results
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language
- Software development experience in engineering or technical domains
- Knowledge about software as a service and cloud infrastructure
- Work experience with distributed systems, multi-threading coding, client/server design principles & implementations
We are searching for a dynamic individual who is enthusiastic to learn and grow in an innovative and supportive environment.
Working in an international team developing world class, engineering software, the selected candidate will interact with different branches of SKF collaborating in challenging projects to develop calculation modules for desktop as well as cloud installations. We offer competitive employment conditions and support your professional development within SKF.Interested?
If you are a strong programmer with a passion for clean code, we want to hear from you. If you meet the above requirements please send your application, including curriculum vitae and a motivation letter. Please use the application button.
Software Architect in Advanced Simulation Technology Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Software Architect in Advanced Simulation Technology Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years