At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Computerized Maintenance Management Specialist Job Description
Are you a proactive, collaborative, multi-tasking and flexible technician? Are you attracted by computational maintenance management systems in a technical environment and do you have good software packages skills? This is a unique opportunity to support maintenance activities and work on a technical database. CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competencies, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world’s largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The Cooling and Ventilation Group (EN-CV), responsible for designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems and large scale fluid distribution systems for the whole Laboratory, particularly in the underground areas of the accelerators and experiments.
- The Methods, Store and Electrical Section (EN-CV-GEM) in charge of the definition of maintenance procedures, computerized maintenance management implementation, spare parts store management and electrical work for the EN-CV Group.
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge and experience in maintenance management, database management, in cooling and ventilation of industrial plants, and to work in an environment where excellence is the key driving factor.
- Specific training and support for professional development to foster your skills and develop your talents.
As a CMM specialist, you will be in charge of all tasks related to the CMM system for the EN-CV Group, supporting the other technical services (in charge of operation, maintenance and projects), and the administrative service (for the financial follow up of contracts), in the use of this system.
- Contribute to the monitoring of maintenance activities including intervention work planning and scheduling, progress follow up, preparation of reports, etc. by means of the CMM system as well as on-site inspections.
- Update the CMM system through the creation of new items and asset codes, the database structure, the maintenance plans according to the Group’s procedures, etc.
- Audit CMM reporting completed by contractors, monitor KPIs and follow up on the SLA parameters, including validation of performed interventions.
- Support the Section Leader in managing the inventory and budget of the Spare Parts Store.
- Propose modifications and improvements to CERN’s CMM support service, follow up the upgrades, test new developments.
- Create procedures to ensure efficient use of the CMM system.
In accordance with the Group’s workload and deadlines, you will also:
- Process, verify and validate invoices related to Industrial Support Contracts.
Computerized Maintenance Management Specialist Job Requirements
- Proven experience in working with CMM tools and implementation of CMM structure and functionalities.
- Experience in an industrial environment, familiarity and understanding of maintenance activities and interventions on technical plants.
- Good knowledge of any of the following systems would be an asset: ventilation, compressed-air production, air conditioning, cooling systems or of low-voltage electrical equipment.
- Maintenance management: use of computational maintenance management systems.
- Use of Office software packages: Microsoft Office and, in particular Excel for the preparation of documents and statistics.
- Drafting and writing of official documents: ability to write technical documentation.
- Use of database software packages (preferably SQL, Pentaho).
Computerized Maintenance Management Specialist Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Computerized Maintenance Management Specialist Summary
Cloud computing / technology
Compliance & security
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||, , Switzerland