ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - IT Engineering Support Expert Job Description
- As a support expert, you will
- Focus on Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and engineering applications
- Support the engineering infrastructure (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces, applications)
- Build and maintain expert knowledge on Engineering applications
- Drive improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency.
Context of the position
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes for supported IT Services, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area, but also for generic D&E IT services
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests.
- The engineering environment is used by more than 500 development engineers, world wide
- Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport', Europe's top tech hub.The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML's internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT CCP (Competence Center Product); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML's research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.IT CCP supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
The IT Engineering Support Engineer will be active in the electrical engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager EEI of the IT CCP department.
ASML - IT Engineering Support Expert Job Requirements
Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and / or engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-SW, mixed HW development environments.
- Understanding and practical experience with:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, Python, VBS, ...)
- Knowledge of Java programming
- Development environments
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure
- Windows server infrastructure
- Multiple virtualization techniques
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications or HDL design environments.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Analytical skills
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, includingFixed 13th month;Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%) 27 holidays and 13 additional free days. ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential.
We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
ASML - IT Engineering Support Expert Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - IT Engineering Support Expert Summary
Cloud computing / technology
Compliance & security
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next