At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Electrical Technician Job Description
As a technician in the CV group, you will participate in installation projects as well as operation and maintenance activities for all aspects related to low voltage electrical equipment of the existing CV plants (e.g. power and control cubicles, motors, heaters, etc). You will be expected to follow these complex activities to completion reporting to a responsible engineer and interacting with various group services. Your expertise in electrical systems and equipment will allow you to provide high-level support to other members of the Group in different domains (design, troubleshooting, maintenance, operation). Similarly, you will receive support,where needed, from project engineers and various other technicians who are all experts in their own fields.
- Support the preliminary or detailed technical electrical design studies for both new works and modification to existing installations.
- Take part in architectural design choices of cooling and ventilation plant electrical systems relating to major CERN projects.
- Contribute to writing technical specifications, market surveys, and call-for-tender documents.
- Follow-up on, coordinate and report to reference engineer on construction work on electrical systems (power and control cubicles, cabling of equipment such as motors, instruments, actuators) for cooling and ventilation installations such as water pumping, compressed air, chilled water production, and ventilation systems, to ensure they comply with safety rules, technical standards, and contractual documents and are within the established schedule and budget.
Electrical Technician Job Requirements
- Proven experience in carrying out design studies for electrical systems, in particular short circuit analysis, system protection and selectivity and insulation coordination.
- Experience adhering to and applying safety rules for construction and maintenance work in electrical systems.
- Experience in the supervision of industrial work sites, test and commissioning.
- Experience in ventilation, compressed-air production or cooling plants would be an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical machine technology: rotating machines.
- Contract management: verification of contracted work.
- Operation and maintenance of electrical circuits and networks: commissioning of electrical distribution systems in low voltage.
- Water cooling process design and analysis: would be an asset.
- HVAC process design and analysis: would be an asset.
- Design of LV network and switchboard.
- Design of electrical circuit layout.
- Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of electricity or a related field.
Electrical Technician Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electrical Technician Summary
0 - 2 years
||, , Switzerland
||HVAC,LV network, hardware, software design, electrical, testing