TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Graduate Engineer Chassis Control Job Description
Chassis Engineering Division's responsibility is :
1) Development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price.
2) Local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota's European assembly plants.
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers and Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
3) Investigation of new European technologies
We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide final customers with best quality products with the continuous improvement mindset.
Below are examples of typical responsibilities:
- Understand Chassis hardware and contribution to achieve target performance
- Understand and evaluate basic vehicle dynamics performance
- Develop vehicle systems as project member
- Development of performance related functions and logics
- Perform functional system integration
- Perform FMEA level assessment and functional safety
- Model Based validation (MIL, SIL)
- Hardware in the loop verification (HIL)
- Development of functions
- Coordinate development activities with evaluation team
- Support development with related divisions (e.g. R&D, quality, plant, purchasing)
- Cooperate with suppliers to complete development tasks
- Pursue cost reduction activities with suppliers and purchasing support
- Scout, evaluate and propose new technologies of chassis system and parts
- Proactive benchmarking activities for system performance
- Review brake performance seeking further improvement for end customer
Graduate Engineer Chassis Control Job Requirements
1. Education Level required:
- Master Degree in Electro - Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- You are a career starter (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
3. Technical Skills/Expertise/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the general vehicle design
- Knowledge and experience with FMEA is an asset
- Analytical approach and Problem-solving
- Cost and quality conscious mind
- Good knowledge of office IT tools
4. Behavioural Skills / Key Competencies
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Team player
- Pro-active and persistent
- Self confident
- Proceed job with own initiative
- Motivated to learn Toyota Production System and development way
- At ease with Japanese culture and respectful of cultural differences
5. Other Skills (Languages, IT,…)
- Fluent in English (Japanese is an asset)
- Experience with programming tools is an asset
- Experience with Control Systems is an asset
6. Practical information:
- Willing to travel up to 20% of time
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
Graduate Engineer Chassis Control Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Graduate Engineer Chassis Control Summary
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||Vlaanderen, , Belgium
||automotive, electronics, FMEA, control systems, Chassis hardware, mobility,