More than 100 years ago, a young Frank C. Mars started making candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen. From that simple beginning, his son Forrest built Mars into the mature company it is today, first by creating the MILKY WAY® bar with his father and later by expanding the business overseas and diversifying into new categories like pet care and food. Today, the Mars family of Associates is more than 100,000 strong in over 80 countries around the world. Through all that growth, we’ve remained a private, family-owned business, with passionate Associates who are united and guided by The Five Principles.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Job Description
Keep our NIR network maintained with robust and up-to-date calibrations, and drive improvement towards a more effective and efficient NIR program. Are you ready to do business with purpose?
Optimising our NIR calibration model and verification program: your role as a NIR Application Development Senior Scientist
You will be part of a team of technical experts responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the NIR application portfolio for raw materials, intermediates and finished products across all Mars Inc. segments (Petcare, Confectionary, Food & Drinks). You will ensure accurate and trustworthy data provided by our NIR network of more than 250 instruments by delivering fit for purpose calibrations and participate in the governance and troubleshooting program.
Become the heartbeat of innovation at Mars and a champion of quality in our business.
Your goal is to develop, validate, implement and verify NIR applications to support inbound,
in process and finished product control across all NIR platforms.
You will make a difference by:
- developing, validating and implementing high quality, fit for purpose qualitative (fingerprinting) and quantitative calibrations to support inbound, in process and finished product control and verification across all our manufacturing facilities;
- managing the calibration portfolio lifecycle across all NIR platforms, including review of calibration scope, performance, improvement and retirement
- executing NIR related development projects for new chemometric techniques, identification of new technologies, hardware and software solutions and NIR governance processes through the use of sound and objective statistical approaches;
- in collaboration with the NIR customer service, consultancy, coaching and developing R&D scientists to provide local and timely NIR support for new instrument installation, complex troubleshooting, and driving the local verification program;
- developing, maintaining, and transferring a good working knowledge of specific scientific and technological innovations through literature reviews, follow-up of external events and networking, attending some conferences and international meetings.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Job Requirements
Are your planning skills exceptional, and can you easily manage science projects?
We are looking for a person who is flexible and comfortable with changing priorities. As a problem-solving and customer-focused Mars Associate, you aim for continuous improvement in your role by evaluating your performance and setting priorities. Your experimental design expertise and your functional and technical skills help you deliver high-quality and effective tools used by factory operators. In addition, preferable you have experience with our Mars Inc. product portfolio.
You meet the following criteria:
Be part of something bigger: your career at Mars
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant science/technology or a related disciplines.
- A proven record of experience in chemometrics, NIR spectroscopy and statistical analysis; preferably also NIR network setups.
- 1-2 years of working experience in spectroscopy and/or chemometrics (ideally with focus on chemistry) in an industrial or university laboratory environment.
- Affinity to software and IT systems is desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel (internationally) 10% of your time.
We believe there’s more to business than just making a profit. We offer each and every one of our Associates an opportunity to take what they do and make it mean more for them, for those around them, and for the planet. We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll get the tools you need to do a great job, and the best possible people on your side to help you do it.
We all take pride in our unique way of doing business and empower every Associate to learn, expand, dream and develop. We value deep and broad experience and give you the freedom to explore, discover and pursue the passions that get you going every morning.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Application Information
- Above-average annual wages and flexible working hours
- 25 days of annual leave and 2 collective days off
- Unique development programs, provided by our award-winning Mars University
It all starts here. Are you ready to take the next step in your professional career?
We always want you to achieve more: apply online using the link below and invest in your future.
For more information, please contact Melanie Grooten of our Recruitment team on +31 (0)413 38 37 30.MGS (Mars Global Services) Laboratories and our NIR program
Every day, our factories take thousands of decisions informed by NIR data. Our NIR program delivers over 10 million analysis results per annum, steering production at 90% of Mars plants and assessing raw material quality before use. Our NIR program is essential for process control at most of our Petcare, Gum and Chocolate production sites.
NIR team is be part of the Mars Global Service Laboratories organization, which is the Mars Inc. Center of Expertise for the development, validation, and deployment of regional and site laboratory testing methods to support a robust Quality and Food Safety network. This is a global multi-cultural team with associates based in the US, France, Netherlands, and United Kingdom. We work across all the segments of the organization including; Confectionery, Petcare, Food, and Drinks. Job location:
Even though the recruiting will be done from Mars Netherlands, it will be potentially possible to fill the role in one of our Laboratories centres: USA, Chicago or France, Aimargues.Interested?
Apply online via the 'Apply'
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||mars, science, technology, chemometrics, NIR spectroscopy, statistical analysis, spectroscopy, chemometrics
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next