NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Job Description
Keep our NIR network maintained with robust and up-to-date calibrations, and drive improvement towards a more effective and efficient NIR program. Are you ready to do business with purpose?
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist
Improving and optimizing our NIR calibration model and verification program: your role as a NIR Application Development Senior Scientist
You will be helping us running one of the largest NIR instrument global networks in the world, dealing with the lifecycle of a constant expanding portfolio of NIR calibrations for a wide variety of products from all Mars segments, and brining expertise to drive continuous improvement of our NIR program.
You will be part of a team of technical experts responsible of the NIR models portfolio (both quantitative and fingerprint models) for raw materials, intermediates and finished products across all Mars Inc. segments (Petcare, Confectionary, Food & Drinks). You will ensure accurate and trustworthy data provided by our NIR network of more than 250 instruments by delivering fit for purpose calibrations and participate in the governance and troubleshooting program.
Your work will make a difference in a multibillion company and you will have the chance to develop and grow professionally in a multicultural and diverse team!
Become the heartbeat of innovation at Mars and a champion of quality in our business. Your goal is to develop, validate, implement and verify NIR applications to support inbound, process and finished product control across all NIR platforms.
You will make a difference by:
- Carrying feasibility tests on using NIR on new applications, using technical expertise to ensure the fit for purpose and viability of the application for the business
- Developing, validating and implementing high quality, fit for purpose qualitative (fingerprinting) and quantitative calibrations to support inbound, in process and finished product control and verification across all our manufacturing facilities;
- Managing the calibration portfolio lifecycle across all NIR platforms following priorities, including review of calibration scope, performance, improvement and retirement
- Executing NIR-related development projects for new chemometric techniques, identification of new technologies, hardware and software solutions and NIR governance processes through the use of sound and objective statistical approaches;
- consultancy, coaching and developing R&D scientists to provide local and timely NIR support for new instrument installation, complex troubleshooting in collaboration with the NIR customer service team, and driving the local verification program;
- Developing, maintaining, and transferring a good working knowledge of specific scientific and technological innovations through literature reviews, follow-up of external events and networking, attending some conferences and international meetings.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Job Requirements
Are your data analysis skills exceptional, and can you easily manage science projects?
We are seeking for a professional with proven experience and knowledge of NIR spectroscopy: Instrumentation, statistics for data analysis and experimental design, chemo metrics in multivariate model development, validation, and verification of NIR models.
You are a team player, fast learner, effective communicator, flexible and comfortable with changing priorities. As a problem-solving and customer-focused Mars Associate, you aim for continuous improvement in your role by evaluating your performance and setting priorities. Your experimental design expertise and your functional and technical skills help you deliver high-quality and effective tools used by factory operators. In addition, it is preferable you have experience with our Mars Inc. product portfolio.
You meet the following criteria:
Be part of something bigger: your career at Mars
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant science/technology (Food Science, agriculture, analytical chemistry, chemistry, chemometrics or any other NIR-related disciplines).
- A proven record of 1-2 years of working experience in chemometrics, NIR spectroscopy and statistical analysis in an industrial or laboratory environment; preferably also NIR network setups.
- Affinity to software and IT systems is desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Willingness to travel (internationally) 10% of your time.
We believe there’s more to business than just making a profit. We offer each and every one of our Associates an opportunity to take what they do and make it mean more for them, for those around them, and for the planet. We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll get the tools you need to do a great job, and the best possible people on your side to help you do it.
We all take pride in our unique way of doing business and empower every Associate to learn, expand, dream and develop. We value deep and broad experience and give you the freedom to explore, discover and pursue the passions that get you going every morning.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Application Information
- Above-average annual wages and flexible working hours
- 25 days of annual leave and 2 collective days off
- Unique development programs, provided by our award-winning Mars University
It all starts here. Are you ready to take the next step in your professional career? We always want you to achieve more: apply online using the link below and invest in your future.
For more information, please contact Melanie Grooten of our Recruitment team on +31 (0)413 38 37 30. MGS (Mars Global Services) Laboratories and our NIR program
Every day, our factories take thousands of decisions informed by NIR data. Our NIR program delivers over 10 million analysis results per annum, steering production at 90% of Mars plants and assessing raw material quality before use. Our NIR program is essential for process control at most of our Petcare, Gum and Chocolate production sites.
NIR team is be part of the Mars Global Service Laboratories organization, which is the Mars Inc. Center of Expertise for the development, validation, and deployment of regional and site laboratory testing methods to support a robust Quality and Food Safety network. This is a global multi-cultural team with associates based in the US, France, Netherlands, and United Kingdom. We work across all the segments of the organization including; Confectionery, Petcare, Food, and Drinks.Job location:
Even though the recruiting will be done from Mars Netherlands, it will be potentially possible to fill the role in one of our Laboratories centres: USA, Chicago or France, Aimargues. Interested?
Apply online via the 'Apply'
button. Job Segment:
Application Developer, Scientific, Developer, Statistics, Instrumentation, Technology, Engineering, DataAgency calls are not appreciated.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||mars, science, technology, chemometrics, NIR spectroscopy, statistical analysis, spectroscopy, chemometrics