At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Radiation Protection Technician Job Description
As a Radiation Protection Technician, you will contribute to operational radiation protection in radiation areas, and notably, you will:
- Assess radiological risks at work places in accelerator tunnels, experimental areas, laboratories, storage areas and workshops in CERN.
- Perform radiation measurements in various, static and dynamic high energy, multi-particle radiation fields.
- Perform work and dose planning, elaborate safety measures and working procedures.
- Evaluate, analyse and follow up operational dosimetry data.
- Prepare and supervise radiation protection aspects of dismantling projects.
- Prepare written reports on a regular basis.
- Perform spectroscopy measurements.
Radiation Protection Technician Job Requirements
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of radiation protection, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in operational radiation protection, radiation protection instrumentation and legislation.
- Proven skills in documenting radiological risk assessments and measurements.
- Experience with radiation-generating instruments, eg X-ray generators.
Eligibility and closing date:
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and best practice in radiation protection.
- Knowledge of dosimetry in mixed radiation fields.
- Knowledge of personal dosimetry.
- Extensive knowledge of measurement techniques for ionizing radiation.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 09.09.2018.
Radiation Protection Technician Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Radiation Protection Technician Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||, , Switzerland
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next