SKF Maintenance Products is a dynamic unit which has been providing the bearing market with maintenance and lubrication solutions and products for forty years. A team of 35 people with entrepreneurial mind-set serves bearing users worldwide. The position we are offering represents the advantages of working within a small team, yet in an international environment. We are based at the SKF Business & Technology Park, Nieuwegein in the Netherlands.
(Sr.) Researcher Tribology / Contact Modelling Job Description
The Tribology & Prognostics (T&P) department is part of SKF’s Research & Technology Development (RTD) group and as such is responsible for the creation and acquisition of knowledge and technologies that enable the development of new products, services and businesses. Within the T&P department, the Tribology & Life team develops tribological and bearing life models, and brings specific experimental tribology competence.
In this role, you will contribute to the tribological model development to support SKF’s strategy regarding future simulation tools, bearing life models and prognostics. You will be part of the Tribology & Life team and collaborate in multiple R&D projects. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the development and validation of tribological models that describe surface failure modes, taking into account the impact of contact conditions, materials, topography and lubrication.
- Support tribology model development aimed at predictive and prognostics tools.
- Contribute to the development of next-generation bearing life models.
(Sr.) Researcher Tribology / Contact Modelling Job Requirements
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, tribology or related field with significant (contact) modelling experience.
- Experience and solid understanding of experimental tribology is a plus.
- Experience programming mechanical engineering problems in software packages such as Matlab, and current FEM tools.
- Knowledgeable of bearing failure mechanisms and bearing testing is desirable; additional knowledge in relevant fields such as materials (steel) technology is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with good command of English language.
- You are a self-motivated, proactive team member. You are customer-focused and result-oriented. You want your results to be used and make an impact.
- Willing to learn and develop, self-driven, independent professional with excellent collaboration skills.
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and well-equipped R&D environment, which is part of a large, successful company with an excellent reputation. You will join a team of well-motivated and experienced tribologists and have many international contacts. We look forward to see you develop as a professional who creates a career in SKF and we will support your steps. Of course, our employment conditions are competitive.
(Sr.) Researcher Tribology / Contact Modelling Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
(Sr.) Researcher Tribology / Contact Modelling Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Matlab, FEM, R&D, SKF