GIS Service Engineer Job Description
GIS Service Engineer
Within P&T SOM, Subsurface Wells & Technical Infrastructure (SW&TI) supports the infrastructure for Technical Professionals in specific Back End services for the global organisation Geomatics community, which are provided by a virtual team located in the Netherlands, USA and Bangalore. We're looking for candidates to strengthen the team covering operational support, service improvements and technical project lead related activities.
Participate in new ArcGIS Server deployments and introduction of new technologies:
- Provide 3rd line operational support related to Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, FME Server and Oracle on Linux.
- Act as interface between our customers and various infrastructure support groups providing operating system and storage/network support.
- Work very closely with the customer to provide guidance in the effective use of GIS systems, products and services (mainly ESRI technologies)
- Plan and participate in global GIS Back End ever greening activities like new releases, security patches and application upgrades.
- On boarding (technical support) of new GIS functionality into the service, ensure appropriate transition from project to support.
- Deployment of GIS Back End services to new locations around the globe liaising with hardware, storage & operating system component infrastructure providers and customers.
- Contribute to successful project delivery within agreed time and budget Knowledge skills and abilities
GIS Service Engineer Job Requirements
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Excellent GIS Back End application support skills and IT infrastructure skills covering the whole ESRI stack, Internet Information Services (IIS), Oracle on Linux and SQL Server on Windows.
- Experience with Middleware administration and configuration (Web Server administration on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Web Security, etc).
- Customer focused and pro-active attitude; enjoy customer facing, taking end-to-end responsibility.
- Experience with ITIL processes.
- Resource will work with a global and varied team of colleagues and partners, which will help you excel in your area of expertise. Your performance will be enhanced in this diverse and dynamic culture.
- The flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you (work/life balance). Your work life balance is important to your overall sense of job satisfaction and our open and flexible work environment allows you the flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you best.
- The contract is for a 2nd/3rd line support position.
- Excellent GIS Back End application support skills covering ArcGIS Server, Internet Information Services (IIS), ArcSDE and Oracle on Linux.
- Very good IT Infrastructure skills covering Windows Server (and Linux) administration.
- Experience with Middleware administration and configuration (Web applications on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Kerberos KDC, DNS).
- Exposure to Python Scripting.
- Be able to work with various specialized multinational support teams to bring complex requests or problems to timely resolution.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- In-depth analytical and troubleshooting skills on a variety of platforms.
- Be flexible, and willing to work outside of normal office hours in order to ensure that service and high customer satisfaction is maintained.
GIS Service Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
GIS Service Engineer Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next