Senior Cloud Systems Engineer Job Description
as a part of the Advanced Threat Defense team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, Canada, and London, UK. We expect you to:
- Design and build cloud infrastructure for scalable machine learning systems for detection of modern malware, advanced cyber threats, and malicious user behavior
- Create high-performance systems capable of handling challengingly Big Data maintained by CISCO, build and support infrastructures enabling large-scale data processing and Machine Learning computations
- Provide resilient scalable infrastructure for the target application
Who You'll Work With
We are a bunch of five former startups collectively called Advanced Threat Solutions and we keep an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco. With security focus & mindset we make machine learning work on really big data. We balance collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance surpasses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco.
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer Job Requirements
Who You are
So, if you share our passion for technology innovation, have experience in providing scalable infrastructure for cloud based big data application and you love to interact with industry thought leaders on a daily basis, this is the job for you. We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Our requirements for this role:
- Cloud systems engineering experience (preferably AWS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (Master’s degree is a strong plus)
- Familiarity with network configuration and support
- Strong hands-on Linux systems administration experience (RedHat, CentOS)
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Familiarity with common database technologies (PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Experience with virtualisation (VMWare, Xen, KVM)
- Experience with server automation technologies (Puppet, Chef) and cloud automation technologies (Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Understanding of Development (Agile), Testing, Change and Release management practices at scale
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Willingness to work across teams and share knowledge and ideas
- Capability to stand up and formulate clear technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
- Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems
- Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks
- Willingness to take ownership for the deliverable
- Fluent English
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer Summary
Cloud computing / technology
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Prague, Czech Republic
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next