At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Knowledge Transfer Officer (IPT-KT-2018-103-LD) Job Description
As Knowledge Transfer Officer in the Knowledge Transfer Group you will:
- Identify technologies and knowledge within the Organisation which can be transferred to other application areas, in particular through the creation of a start-up company; support the set-up of new CERN start-ups.
- Perform market evaluations and analyse business plans of potential CERN start-ups.
- Take responsibility for management of CERN's network of business incubation centers (BICs).
- Take responsibility for entrepreneurship related activities and contribute to the creation of a culture of entrepreneurship at CERN.
- Conduct studies to evaluate the impact of CERN KT in the Member States and beyond.
- Contribute to other key activities of the KT Group and Sections, including the Organization of internal trainings and the management of a few selected knowledge transfer cases.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of a technical or scientific domain broadly related to CERN's technical domains or a related field, complemented by higher education in business (e.g. MBA) or entrepreneurship.
Knowledge Transfer Officer (IPT-KT-2018-103-LD) Job Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in the area of entrepreneurship development, ideally in public research organization.
- Demonstrated experience in support to start-up creation.
- Experience in managing innovation in industry, involving technology partnerships, such as technology licensing, collaborative R&D and/or open innovation.
- Previous exposure to intellectual property would be considered an asset.
- Entrepreneurship Development.
- Knowledge and technology promotion, marketing and commercialization.
- Managing Industry Partnerships.
- Master's degree in the field of a technical or scientific domain broadly related to CERN's technical domains, complemented by higher education in business (e.g. MBA) or entrepreneurship.
- Fluent English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- The knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire it rapidly would be an advantage.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Knowledge Transfer Officer (IPT-KT-2018-103-LD) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Knowledge Transfer Officer (IPT-KT-2018-103-LD) Summary
5 - 10 Years
||, , Switzerland
||R&D, entrepreneurship development, Business, engineering
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next