ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Application Engineer Job Description
- Do you want to master the entire patterning process?
- Do you want to help define the next generation of patterning systems?
- Would you like to work with the world’s leading patterning scientists and engineers?
- Will you enjoy creating the future?
'Then join the ASML Applications Engineering department!
As an Application Engineer, you work with the most senior level of engineers and the elite scientists of ASML’s customers. You are therefore in the perfect position to determine what our customers want and you translate this understanding of the customer to ASML development teams to help define future generations of ASML products. You will be shaping the future of the chip fabrication.Job Mission
The Applications Engineering department at ASML maximizes the wafer yield at customer fab plants. It achieves this goal not only by optimizing the lithography process, but also by optimizing the entire chain of processes that are required in chip patterning (i.e. lithography, developing, etching, ashing, deposition, and coating). It also achieves this goal by optimizing metrology and inspection.Job Description
You will be defining the future of chip patterningThe Applications Engineering department has around 50 consultant engineers working in teams of six or seven people. Each team is dedicated to specific ASML customers. The teams consult with the customer’s top scientists and engineers to identify opportunities for improvement – these improvements may be hardware based or software based or both, and they can be located anywhere in the patterning process. When an opportunity is identified, and if the customer agrees, that’s where you come in to specify the improvement.You will:
- Work within the customer project team supporting the development and integration of solutions with the goal to meet customer requirements;
- Develop applicable competencies within the Application Engineering department: big data, statistics, analysis toolkits, lithographic processing and metrology;
- Execute root-cause identification analysis on the customer data analysis and identify solutions for improvements;
- Work on customer tools and in customer environment to proof own developed solutions to be beneficial for on product performance;
- Be able to drive new product definition by understanding customer requirements and position them within the customer production eco-system.
Application Engineer Job Requirements
Master degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering, preferably in the domain of nanotechnology, optics or semiconductor industry.
- You have at least 2 up to 6 years of experience in a semiconductor fab environment within the area of lithography, patterning and/or metrology. During these years you have gained experience and knowledge about process integration, semiconductor devices and semiconductor manufacturing. Especially in the domain of focus, overlay, imaging, metrology or process development.
- You have proven to be excellent in stakeholder management and have demonstrated to perform under high pressure in a highly ambiguous environment while maintaining focus on customer goals and relationships.
- Your English language skills are excellent, both verbal as non-verbal.
- Experience with ASML XT, NXT TWINSCAN and/or YIELDSTAR is a very big plus, however not an exclusion criterium.
Although you have your own strong technical expertise and background, you see yourself as a pragmatic generalist. You have a strong client focus and commitment to customer satisfaction and you like to connect the dots. This enables you to ally with and organize the necessary technical expertise and drive this towards technical solutions that fully meet our customers’ demands and needs. As we are in a continuous learning circle, we are looking for ambassadors of solid stature. This means that you act decisive, communicate pro-actively, show initiative are self-propelling and take responsibility. You are able to work independently and in a team and you are excellent communicator towards different stakeholders (with different cultural backgrounds).You typically have a “ never give up” mentality combined with the ability to explain complex subjects in a simple way. You like to travel to ASML customers worldwide (approximately 25% of your time).Context of the position
You will report towards the Regional Application Manager. The team you will work in consists of (normally) between 10 and 15 people, the project teams you will work with consist of between the 6 and 12 people.
Application Engineer Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||ASML XT, NXT TWINSCAN and/or YIELDSTAR, semiconductor, overlay, imaging, metrology or process development, english