Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Tooling Technician Job Description
Impact the future! We are Lightyear, we envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. Our first step towards this goal: The Lightyear One.
- Do you have a Intermediate vocational education in an Mechanical direction or similar?
- Do you have at least 2 years experience in tooling?
- Do you have experience in different torquing techniques such as battery, pneumatic and electric nutrunners?
- Do you have hands on experience?
Then join us and make a lasting impact on the future of mobility!Responsibilities
You will become part of the engineering technician team, mainly responsible for the tightening tools and processes. You will specify and implement production systems for mass manufacturing as a technical specialist.
- Assist in tightening tools selection for production processes
- Evaluate concept designs for tools based on process and product requirements
- Define and provide the required accessories for tooling such as sockets and charger units
- Label and follow up the tools with their due calibration dates
- Conduct regular verifications of tooling with the defined torque measurement bench based on the process classification - defined by process engineers
- Debug/problem solving of tools
- Adjust tools according to calibration results when necessary
- Perform tests with tools and equipment
- Work closely with process engineers and follow up the SPC for tightening processes
- Assist in root cause search and troubleshooting to keep the SPC charts on track and quality on the highest level
- Define the fixture, reaction bar and other ergonomic requirements for the tightening processes
- Be first point of contact with the tooling suppliers, responsible to manage the relations and ensure good service from suppliers in time
- Provide tightening techniques expertise to the engineering and production team
- Responsible to keep the spares in most efficient way and maintenance program up to date for the responsible tools
- Assist in other process engineering activities such as technical documentation preparation for production teams
- Be responsible for other hand tools, manual torque wrench, trim tools and other production tools
- Support production in case of malfunction of processes and tools
Tooling Technician Job Requirements
What do we offer
- Intermediate vocational education in a Mechanical direction or a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a high practical interest
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role and experience in the field of design and tools
- You have skills to assemble and disassemble high complexity tools and to solve problems when process and tools are deviating, so hands on experience
- Experience with battery, pneumatic and electric nutrunners
- Good understanding of torquing techniques
- Good communication skills in Dutch (English is also important)
- Automotive experience is a plus
- Affinity with the Lightyear mission
- Availibility for 40 hours a week
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- 30 vacation days per year
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Tooling Technician Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Tooling Technician Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||mechanical engineering, autonomy, automotive