ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
ASML is looking for a Principal Scientist for the Technology Development Center (TDC) at IMEC. The Technology Development Center extends ASML’s R&D activities in imaging technology, leveraging deep understanding of patterning and process integration for microelectronics in order to determine future opportunities for ASML’s product roadmap.The role of the TDC is to:
-Understand, anticipate, develop and provide context for lithography and patterning advancement.
-Maintain technical contacts within the lithography and patterning community worldwide.
-Assist in complex, multi organizational and predictive problem solving.
-Provide a technical resource to ASML Senior Management.
-Advance and mentor internal technologists.
Development of ASML's future products requires a solid understanding of the integration aspects of patterning in the semiconductor industry. Therefore, we are building up a team of patterning experts who have been technical leaders with either our customers or other semiconductor suppliers, and who will work at IMEC for ASML on advanced patterning. The Principal Scientist Advanced Patterning-Integration will own the integration aspects of customer patterning roadmaps for ASML, and, along with System Engineering (SE), drive the implications of those roadmaps within the BLs (business lines) of ASML.
- Manages the definition and implementation of the integration aspects of patterning experiments aimed at lithography and metrology development within ASML and IMEC.
- Drives associated IP, anticipates and (replicates where needed) customer problems with end goal of driving SE and BL product groups towards high value problems.
- Leads imec-ASML Advanced Patterning Center supplier partner activities, leads integration aspects of APC patterning DOE including stack definition for pattern transfer, and runs associated projects.
- Responsible for ASML’s view of customers’ integration challenges/requirements and roadmaps.
- Understands the integration aspects of all modules (e.g. scanner, deposition/etch tools, CD SEM, ebeam metrology tools, inline parametric test and wafer final test), can communicate their existing limitations to product teams and, with product team support, devise potential control/metrology solutions.
- Focuses on the technical trends for the next 3 – 7 years, leverages relationship with customer/suppliers.
- Acts as a Technical team leader, primarily between IMEC and ASML as well as with peer R&D teams.
- Initiates, defines and delegates tasks within and outside department, to be able to make strategic choices across various patterning steps (litho, etch, deposition). Acts as integration expert for projects at imec and takes a leading role in imec platform definition.
- Generates, in conjunction with IMEC, platform roadmap, alignment of business driver roadmaps.
- Generates significant IP (>2 per year).
- Leads the various D&E competence teams as Lead integrator and helps develop interdisciplinary competencies. Technical, interdisciplinary team focus.
- Translates learnings from running APC projects into product opportunities for ASML, identifying which functionalities contribute most to realizing customer needs and helping optimize metrology and control contributions to pattern transfer.
- Validates ASML product roadmaps from the point of view of the customer’s integration experts.
- Master degree with typically 15+ years of experience.
- PhD degree with typically 12+ years of experience.Experience-15+ years of expert level experience in integration (N+2 diagnostics, metrology, failure analysis).
-Over 10 years of experience in leading technical teams.
-Expert level analytical skills.
-Advanced technical leadership skills
-Able to develop, execute and communicate a strategic plan to executive level
Context of the position
-The position is in the Technology Development Center (TDC) and reports to the Director of TDC@imec.
-The Principal Scientist works across sectors on (S) VP level of e.g.: Development & Engineering (D&E), BL APPS including Brion and HMI, DUV and EUV, System Engineering (SE), Research.
-The Principal Scientist serves as consultant to Fellows, VP Technology and CTO, as well as acting as an external spokesperson for TDC and ASML.
-The Principal Scientist provides technology development oversight to ASML.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Leuven, Belgium|
|Keywords:||Diagnostics, metrology, failure analysis, scientist,Patterning-Integration|