PWNT is wholly owned by Dutch water utility PWN, and is unique in its formation and mission to make the utility’s more than 99 years of experience and innovations in water treatment available worldwide. Our extensive R&D programmes have led to the development of efficient and sustainable solutions in water treatment based on suspended ion exchange, ceramic membrane applications and advanced oxidation, and these applications can be used for a wide variety of water sources.
All of our solutions offer lower life cycle costs, greater efficiency and a much lower environmental impact. We work closely with our clients to create optimal results and strongly believe in partnering with universities and globally-respected companies. PWNT is located in the Netherlands and Singapore.
At PWNT, pilot engineers perform many functions related to the operation of PWNT tested technologies for water and wastewater treatment related to, for example, ceramic membrane filtration, ion exchange, coagulation, ozone oxidation, sand filtration, etc. The pilot operators main function is to support third-party, international projects at locations such as the United Kingdom, Sweden, and Singapore. This applicant should have a basicengineering knowledge of water treatment processes and objectives, and be “hands-on” for bench-scale and pilot-scale operations. There is also the opportunity to work at full-scale sites which have PWNT technologies which are in commissioning, start-up, performance testing, or operational assistance phases. The PWNT pilot engineer is often one of the first PWNT employees in contact with client staff, and should have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
For third-party pilots, pilot engineers do the following:
· Site work during commissioning, site acceptance tests (SAT), training for local operations
· Troubleshooting throughout pilot to rectify operational issues
· Data acquisition and processing, as well as data storage management
· Liaison between client and water testing laboratory
· Liaison between R&D staff and project
· Assistance with conference calls, reporting, slide preparation, and final report
When third-party workload is less than full-time, pilot operators work with R&D staff to operate and perform data analysis for PWN internal R&D projects. These projects are, for example, related to on-going studies for brine treatment, optimization of SIX®, ILCA®, and CeraMac® processes, distribution system water quality monitoring, and advanced oxidation with UV.
Annual salary for this position depends on the candidate’s experience.
PWNT offers the following:
· Working in a creative and collaborative environment
· Possibilities for education growth
· Flexible working times
· Pension and insurance
· Ability to buy or sell extra days
PWNT is looking for a pilot engineer to be based in Andijk, Netherlands. A pilot engineer is a full-time position in the Technology Development (TD) Department, in a “cutting-edge” research environment. This person should possess the following skills:
· Education: Bachelor of Science, or equivalent with process engineering emphasis
· Language skills: Fluency in English
· Willingness to travel abroad for weeks/months long assignments
· Adaptable to changing work demands (i.e., flexible in work assignments)
· Writing skills
· Positive “can-do” attitude for trouble shooting and finding solutions
· Driving license required (or in progress)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Heemstede, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||Technology development, water and wastewater treatment, international projects, pilot-scale operations, performance testing, treatment, optimization of processes, distribution system water quality monitoring|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next