Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Embedded Software Engineer Job Description
What will you do as Embedded Software Engineer?
At Lightyear, we are looking for software engineers for the development of the embedded software (C/C++) of our revolutionary Lightyear One. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will make design choices and be responsible for the software of one or more systems of the car and their integration into Lightyear One. At this moment we are looking for multiple software engineers with different complementing competences. You are involved in the entire process of design, from conceptual to implementation. As an embedded software engineer you have both hands-on experience as well as a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts that come into play when developing embedded software. Think about real-time systems, verification and validation techniques. Your job will focus but is not limited to:
- Discussing and writing professional requirements/ specifications, design documents and test plans
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of embedded software for complex modules (concept - detailed design - qualification test - releasing)
- Create a close and fruitful working relationship with all relevant stakeholders
- Design and perform simulations and system integration tests
- Bootloader development for safety-critical systems
You shall have a broader view then just designing and implementing the software. You're able to think about the whole architecture and development processes like CI, Automated Testing and Review tooling.
Embedded Software Engineer Job Requirements
What do we expect from an Embedded Software Engineer at Lightyear?
To succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. In addition, we are looking for someone with an ambitious attitude who learns from the past (tried and tested) but who is especially open to transforming new developments or ideas into the "tried and tested" of the future! You are also someone with a high sense of responsibility and a cooperative attitude. You like short lines of communication. You have well developed communication skills, you are a self starter with a ‘can do’ mentality. You can create/build from scratch and you have a critical attitude and ability to think and work independently. Furthermore you are flexible, stress resilient and of course a fast learner. Furthermore you'll bring:
What can you expect from Lightyear?
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Software Science, Embedded Systems, Electronics or similar
- 5+ years of full-time work experience in a similar role
- Working experience in embedded C/C++ is mandatory. For example programming in C/C++ for MCUs
- Working experience in MATLAB/Simulink, testing in model-based design flows is a big plus
- Experience with and knowledge about automotive software quality standards (ISO 26262) is part of your natural way of work and therefor mandatory
- Experience with integration testing and associated tooling (e.g. Vector CANoe) is part of your natural way of work and therefor mandatory
- Eager to learn more about all the quirks of embedded C programming and MCU internals
- Experience with real-time constraints and operating systems
- Experience with development according to industry standards regarding quality and safety is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- Fluent in English is mandatory. Dutch proficiency is a plus
- Availability for 40 hours per week
In addition to a challenging role as Embedded Software Engineer, you also have the opportunity to work for a company with a real, honest and ambitious mission. This way you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the future of mobility! In addition, we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with accompanying opportunities
- 40 vacation days a year. (based on full-time employment)
- Excellent travel allowance that encourages the use of public transport
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
Embedded Software Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Embedded Software Engineer Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years