ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Alignment Architect Smash IBL Job Description
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking an architect to lead the technical team in support of IBP&S sustaining Athena /Smash DUV Wafer Alignment Sensors. This person will report into the DUV Wafer Alignment Group. DUV Wafer Alignment Group is a department within the Wilton Development and Engineering organization.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
This person will report to the Manager of the DUV Wafer Alignment Group. The job requires a strong and accomplished technical leader to:
- Technically oversee and drive the decisions made by large multi-disciplinary teams in order to meet all sub-module and system level requirements.
- Create and drive structural solution to the fleet.
- Interface and negotiate with system engineering to derive requirements for new products.
- Create error budget breakdowns for all SDS requirements including CRAMS.
- Write performance specification documents (EPS / EDS).
- Own top level TPS docs and subsequent TARs to prove Wafer Alignment Sensor system level performance specs are met.
- Understand and be able to calculate and communicate the implication of Wafer Alignment Sensor module level errors on system / customer level performance (Overlay, Throughput, Imaging, Focus, Availability, etc.).
- Represent the Wafer Alignment Sensor project in technical discussions at all levels and with all sectors.
- Clearly communicate technical performance in both written and verbal presentations to stakeholders.
- Act as the technical leg of the 3 in a box (FO, PL, Arch).
- Be the technical first point of contact for all Wafer Alignment Sensor module level interfaces with the rest of the machine.
- Take responsibility for development and sustaining project results: on time delivery to specified performance at the right quality.
- Contribute to roadmaps for future development of your module.
- Own and solve high level AIR issues for your module.
- Coach/Mentor other engineers.
- Develop and support Wafer Alignment Sensor Technical Competence.
- Support solving internal and external customers escalations.
- Organize technical teams, delegate and coordinate the work required to solve highly complex module and system level issues.
Some travel ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Alignment Architect Smash IBL Job Requirements
Minimum MS in Engineering, preferably Mechanical / Physics / Electrical / Optics, or equivalent experience.
- 4 - 6 years of industry experience in development of complex high-tech systems.
- Have direct experience in one or more technical fields: optics, mechanics, electronics, software, physics. Experienced functional engineering is a plus.
Context of the position
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time;
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to stakeholders anywhere in the world;
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills;
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through, and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule and with the right quality;
- Possess a creative mind in order to find design solutions to meet new product specifications which at first glance appear impossible to meet – proven track record of designing technically challenging systems a plus
- Have strong problem solving skills in order to debug highly complex technical issues;
- Show extreme flexibility in order to solve a wide range of complex issues with priorities which may change hour to hour
- Have a broad technical knowledge base and be able to learn additional skills as required
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering), strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Alignment Architect Smash IBL Application Information
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1
Alignment Architect Smash IBL Summary
5 - 10 Years
||Wilton, United States
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next