At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Electro-mechanical Technician (BE-RF-PM-2019-114-LD) Job Description
As an Electro-mechanical Technician in the Power Modules Section, you will be part of a team working on RF power amplifiers with the aim of designing, assembling, maintaining and testing high power RF systems for CERN's present accelerators and present plus future projects.
After a period of training, you will:
- Participate in operation and maintenance of the existing SPS RF power systems.
- Contribute to the development and prototyping of improved RF power systems and their components for consolidation and upgrade of accelerators.
- Participate in the installation and commissioning of these systems.
- Produce complex designs using office-computing applications and liaise with a drawing office and with other relevant services at CERN.
- Produce and manage the associated technical documentation and test reports.
- Particular attention to the security questions, either during the conception as during installation or exploitation, will be an essential point of these activities.
- Participate in a stand-by service our team provides on the equipment.
Electro-mechanical Technician (BE-RF-PM-2019-114-LD) Job Requirements
Higher technical diploma in the field of electricity, electro-mechanics, electronics or a related field.
- Initial experience in the domain of electricity, electro-mechanics, electronics would be an asset; however, beginners accepted.
- Assembly of electronic crates, racks, and cabinets
- Electro-mechanical construction: in particular, in the field of Radio Frequency power systems.
- Commissioning, maintenance & operation of electro-mechanical equipment
Spoken and written English or French: the ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as the ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Electro-mechanical Technician (BE-RF-PM-2019-114-LD) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electro-mechanical Technician (BE-RF-PM-2019-114-LD) Summary
0 - 2 years
||Geneva , Switzerland
||Radio Frequency power systems, Power Modules, lectro-mechanical Technician,Assembly