EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
EUMETSAT is now inviting well qualified candidates from its Member States to apply for the following post:
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Working for EUMETSAT, you can make a world of difference and be a part of something that makes a positive impact on society. You will be at the cutting edge of satellite technology, with a meaningful role in an organisation focused on space-based observations of the Earth’s weather and climate.
EUMETSAT currently operates a fleet of ten Earth Observation satellites in Low Earth and geostationary orbits comprising seven EUMETSAT satellites and two Copernicus Sentinel-3 satellites. In parallel, EUMETSAT is preparing for the launch and operations of six next generation satellites in the period 2020-2025, beginning with the Sentinel-6 A Michael Freilich satellite followed by five Meteosat Third Generation and Metop Second Generation satellites.
Reporting to the Ground Stations Operations Manager, the Ground Stations Operations Engineer coordinates routine and special operations of EUMETSAT Ground Stations and outsourced ground station services. You will be part of the Ground Stations Operations and External interfaces (GSEI) Team and will coordinate activities with other relevant technical support teams at EUMETSAT.
· Coordination of the operations of EUMETSAT’s operational ground stations and externally provided ground station services;
· Implement arrangements and coordinate with the EUMETSAT teams providing expert engineering support for ground stations maintenance, based on Service Level Agreements;
· Analysis of Ground Stations and external services anomalies, and coordination of their resolution;
· Analysis of ground stations operations and performance, proposing evolutions where applicable;
· Validation of Ground Stations systems upgrades and evolutions and management of small evolution projects;
· Support the procurement of the ground stations and ground stations service contracts;
· Support the development and transition into operations of ground station systems and services for future satellite systems;
· Coordination of the production/validation of operational procedures and training of the operations teams;
· Support the Ground Stations Operations Manager and replace them in case of absence.
What we offer
· Excellent salary, of up to Euro 7,200 NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience;
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave;
· Full medical coverage for employee and family;
· Attractive pension;
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays;
· Training and development support;
· Relocation allowance and support (if applicable).
A University degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant subject.
Skills and Experience:
· Proven experience of ground stations operations in a 24/7 real-time spacecraft operations environment;
· Experience in ground station system engineering, including validation of ground stations;
· Experience of procurements of ground station services or maintenance and site support services would be an advantage;
· Experience of team coordination and project management;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to apply these to interactions within a team and between teams;
· Experience in the transition to operations of new satellite systems would be an advantage.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Darmstadt , Germany|
|Keywords:||Spacecraft operations, ground segment, satellites, flight operations, verification and validation, weather, climate change, earth observation|