EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
EUMETSAT is now inviting well qualified candidates from its Member States to apply for the following post:
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As a Systems Engineer you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex system work together to deliver world leading meteorological products. The Systems Engineer contributes to the system engineering activities, those related to requirements engineering, system budgets engineering, management of the system design and its interfaces.
EUMETSAT is developing its next generation geostationary satellite system, Meteosat Third Generation (MTG), in partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA), and will launch the first three MTG satellites in the 2022-2025 period.
The MTG system includes three satellites of two different types, for imagery (MTG-I) and sounding (MTG-S) missions and a comprehensive ground segment for mission control, data acquisition and processing and delivery of real time products to users, and a number of system support tools.
Working in collaboration with other engineering teams (MTG-S instrument functional chain, ground segment, verification teams, operations preparation,) and relevant MTG project management bodies:
· Contribute to the maintenance of the system requirements and the technical baseline, identifying evolutions and analysing the acceptability of deviations and waivers
· Contribute to maintaining the system architecture and design and managing its interfaces
· Establish, maintain and manage system level technical budgets, including system performances and relevant margins
· Generate, maintain and manage the system analyses in support of the verification process
· Contribute to the preparation of in orbit commissioning activities including pre-launch validation activities
· Ensure that the system is built in line with the requirements and design
· Support system commissioning of successive versions of the MTG system, comprising one, two and three satellites in orbit including recurrent satellite launches.
· A relevant University degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience gained in a Systems Engineering role.
Skills and Experience:
· Proven experience in complex aerospace/space development systems, especially in design and implementation
· Ownership of system requirements including their management in an appropriate tool, preferably DOORS
· Providing system engineering expertise to a verification campaign
· Strong interpersonal, influencing and team working skills, flexibility, strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation.
What we offer
· Generous salary, of up to Euro 7,500 / month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
· Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
· Attractive pension
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Darmstadt , Germany|
|Keywords:||Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next