EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
EUMETSAT is now inviting well qualified candidates from its Member States to apply for the following post:
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex system work together to deliver world leading meteorological products.
The Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) department provides support to the development and operations of EUMETSAT satellite systems, ground systems, as well as quality assurance and management support services to the full organisation, through its Process Assurance and Management Support Division (PRS).
The Quality Assurance Engineer supports the development projects, operations support services and other activities under the responsibility of the TSS department, including the definition and implementation of Quality Assurance requirements and processes.
· Provide quality and product assurance for the maintenance and evolution of operational ground systems and support services, including organising of reviews and management and follow up of technical investigations;
· Establish quality requirements for technical support contracts and monitor their implementation, including reporting and acting upon detected deviations, anomalies and non-conformities;
· Perform project quality assurance activities in support of project management, including definition, compilation and analysis of key project quality indicators, identifying non-conformities and facilitating the project risk management process;
· Define, analyse, and improve Quality Assurance processes of relevance to the TSS engineering activities, development projects and operations support services;
· Monitor the effective implementation of QA processes and requirements, and reporting on any relevant findings, gaps and issues;
· Participate in Internal Quality Audits and Quality Audits on external contractors;
· Support the harmonisation and standardisation of organisational processes for all QA aspects, contributing to their continual improvement;
· Ensure lessons learnt in TSS projects are gathered, assessed, recorded and implemented/applied as relevant to subsequent projects.
What we offer
· Generous salary, of up to Euro 7,500 / month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
· Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
· Attractive pension
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
A university degree in engineering or computer science (or another relevant discipline).
· Certification in quality assurance, management or auditing would be an advantage.
Skills and Experience:
· Proven experience of minimum 5 years in providing quality assurance for large-scale software-intensive systems (e.g. aerospace or software intensive sectors);
· Experience in the definition and assessment of processes, good practices and/or standards in the field of quality assurance, combined with good knowledge and practice of the ISO 9001 and/or other relevant QA standards;
· Direct experience of software QA/PA would be an advantage;
· Experience with new technologies (e.g. Cloud Computing, Docker) and development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DevOps) would be an advantage;
· Excellent analysis, synthesis and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to apply these to interactions within and between teams.
Compliance & security
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Darmstadt , Germany|
|Keywords:||Ground stations, systems engineer, big data, satellites, satellite systems, engineering, quality|