(Associate) Integration Specialist Job Description
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) - Information Technology Department (CS‐IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) - Digital Solutions Division (DS) - Integration Unit (INT) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Integration Specialist (*). This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid of June.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
* Internally reffered as Analyst/Officer IT Applications
As part of the Integration Unit, you will drive the development, implementation and maintenance of integration solutions for the Bank’s business applications in order to meet the functional and technology needs of the organisation, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EIB objectives.
The primary role of the Integration Unit is to provide a modern Integration Platform, e.g. Middleware Layer for the communication between IT applications, additionally the Integration Unit is responsible for a Hybrid Platform.
The Integration approach is based on a classical Enterprise Service Bus with a Service Oriented Architecture, while modern communication is ensured by the Application Program Interface (API) Gateway. The Hybrid Platform comprises a Python Platform with Data Virtualization. The complex Integration Software Stack consist of the following ten products: IBM Integration Bus, IBM Message Queue, IBM Transformation Extender, IBM WebSphere Registry and Repository, WSO2 API Gateway, WSO2 Data Service, Activity Dashboard Service, MongoDB, Anaconda Enterprise and Denodo
In view of continuous improvement of the Integration Platform, it is key that you address the following challenges, in line with the IT Enterprise Architecture Guidelines and best practice:
- Agile delivery model
You will report to the Head of Integration Unit and have regular contact with internal teams across the Bank and external suppliers of software and software-related services.Accountabilities
- Form part of the evolution of the Integration Platform in accordance with Enterprise Architecture guidelines and industry standards to ensure its long-term cost-effectiveness, business value, usability, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability;
- Design and coordinate the realisation of integration solutions for projects run by other IT teams to fulfil data communication between applications;
- Follow market trends in the area of light-weight communication;
- Prepare and manage Project Initiation Requests and Project Charters to implement new and enhanced functionalities on the Integration Platform in order to deliver additional value for the business;
- Manage projects to ensure solution delivery within the set schedule, budget and quality objectives, and keep stakeholders informed on the progress, timing and budget;
- Contribute to the definition of best practice and guidelines for design, development, documentation, automatic testing, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Pipeline;
- Maintain contact with vendors of the integration components to anticipate upgrades and future evolutions;
- Conduct presentations for the Integration team members and consultants to foster good solution design.
- University degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Information Management or related field;
- At least 3 years’ of relevant professional experience in the design and implementation of software solutions;
- Experience and strong technical knowledge of the tools and architecture of the Middleware stack, (including some of the following: Web services, Application Programming Interface (API) Management, Enterprise Service Bus and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Anaconda Enterprise or Denodo);
- Ability to perform hands-on Proof of Concept work to assess comprehensively applicability and impact of technology choices;
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills;
- Ability to provide clear, concise technical guidance to IT Teams while delivering comprehensive status updates to management and business users;
- Knowledge of security aspects of integrated system design and associated protocols;
- Experience in varied software development platforms and environments including Linux, Java or Python would be considered as an advantage;
- Awareness of Project Management principles, methods and practices, such as PRINCE or PM2 would be considered as an advantage;
- Experience with agile methodologies, routines, and tools considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of automation and enablement technologies, such as Jenkins, Jira, Git, Nexus, and Azure DevOps considered as an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).Interested?
Please apply via the 'Apply
Deadline for applications: 6th May 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
(Associate) Integration Specialist Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
(Associate) Integration Specialist Summary
2 - 5 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next