Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Thermodynamic research engineer for innovative drivetrains (Leuven or Lommel) Job Description
Model and optimize heat flows in innovative drivetrain concepts
As a young potential or an expert in thermodynamic research, you
- Work together in a research team with expertise in high-performant cooling, energy storage, energy management and system integration for e.g. electrical drivetrains in vehicles;
- Take the lead in heat recuperation and thermal management challenges.
For next generation designs of drivetrains & components (e.g. flywheels in a car, new battery type in a ship, …) you
Experienced engineers will also lead project teams. Young potentials will be coached by an experienced engineer.
- Figure out with the team how to cool the system, optimizing energy and heat flows, taking into account the total cost of ownership;
- Integrate new out-of-the-box solutions for energy storage or heat recuperation, like fase changing materials, heat pipes, or other;
- Virtually model the system (matlab), and discover the best solutions (heat exchanger, heat sink, fluids,…);
- Experimentally validate your results in the lab;
- Present your work during internal/external meetings, (international) conferences …
- Actively collaborate with industrial companies.
Thermodynamic research engineer for innovative drivetrains (Leuven or Lommel) Job Requirements
Thermodynamic research engineer (young potential or expert)
- A master’s or PhD degree in Thermodynamics, Thermotechnical Sciences, Thermal sciences, Fluid mechanics or Hydraulic Engineering.
- Ability to understand new thermodynamic concepts (w.r.t power density, thermal resistance, heat transfer, heat flow,… )
- Insight in the physics of electrical systems (losses, transients)
- Industrial (and academic) experience is valued. Minimum: a first relevant experience.
- A broad technical interest in vehicles and industrial machines;
- Affinity with lubrication is a plus.
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Pro-active and take initiative;
- Eager to learn.
Thermodynamic research engineer for innovative drivetrains (Leuven or Lommel) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Thermodynamic research engineer for innovative drivetrains (Leuven or Lommel) Summary
0 - 2 years
||matlab, thermal management, motor cooling, battery cooling, cooling concepts, heat recuperation, heat exchanger(s), drivetrain, motor, rotor, battery, optimal, research, innovation