Flight Dynamics Team Leader Job Description
Flight Dynamics Team Leader - near Helston in Cornwall (UK - Other)
Reference number: GPUK-SCO13-007
Avanti Communications sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply enterprise, institutional and consumer users.
Avanti's first satellite, called HYLAS 1, launched in November 2010 and was the first superfast Ka-band satellite launched in Europe. Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, was launched in August 2012 and extends Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Grow the Flight Dynamics team to support inhouse fleet operations;
- Assist in specification, selection or development, implementation, test and acceptance of flight dynamics tools for inhouse operations;
- Develop flight dynamics team through training and mentoring;
- Line manage flight dynamics team, including setting objectives, performance management and arranging shift patterns;
- Liaise with heads of other operations teams as required;
- Provide on-call support;
- Take responsibility for managing routine flight dynamics activities;
- Take responsibility for supporting ARB process as required;
- Suggest and implement future improvements to flight dynamics activities (co-location, for example).
Flight Dynamics Team Leader Job Requirements
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Undergraduate degree in Physics, Maths or an appropriate engineering discipline;
- Significant proven related management experience;
- Significant proven flight dynamics experience, with demonstrable knowledge of GEO flight dynamics, including co-location strategies;
- LEOP experience;
- Excellent mathematical skills;
- Excellent and up-to-date programming skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work independently and effectively;
- Significant proven people management skills;
- Ability to manage own workload and set team objectives and priorities, delegating as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coach and develop junior team members;
- Excellent project management and organisational skills;
- Excellent understanding of the procedural approach to operations;
- Fully literate in standard desktop tools;
- Self-motivated, flexible and dynamic.
Note Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
No agencies please.
Flight Dynamics Team Leader Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below.
Please use "Qreer.com" as reference in your application.
Flight Dynamics Team Leader Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years